Pepi the rescue

JaxAttack

Feb 28, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
Jax the Bare eyed Cockatoo and Pepi the Budgie
Hi guys!

A few weeks ago i've sent the local SPCA to a pet store in the town where i work. Long story short, it's the most disgusting place i have ever seen, always leaving with loads of tears.

So friday I thought I should pop in and see if the birds are all ok. I found this little guy. I lost my heart immediately. They gave him to me for R20. Thats not even $2 if you convert it. I dont know where he would end up for that price, so i took him. I have a massive cage that Jax used for travel before he got use to his harness.

This is him before I tackled his little beak.

jaxattack-albums-pepi-picture9891-img-20131025-00828.jpg

jaxattack-albums-pepi-picture9890-img-20131025-00827.jpg

And after a little work

jaxattack-albums-pepi-picture9892-img-20131026-00829.jpg

What an absolute beauty and such a sweetie. For a birdie that spent his entire life in a small cage with lost of other wild budgies, I am totally amazed.

Its going to take a lot of love and care, but from this day on, he will have the happiest life ever!

I will take some good pics soon! And any advice and suggestion welcome as I have no Budgie experience.

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
Well, I think from the pics some of us could learn from you. I would have no idea how to fix that beak but it looks like you did it like a pro.

Cute bird!! you did good!!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
If possible, you need to figure out how to make his upper beak grow over his lower beak, otherwise he'll remain a special needs bird for his entire life. That said, even if his beak can be corrected, he may still have issues with it!

He's cute and pretty young still! Can't be more than a few months old, at most! As he goes into his adult molt, the feather line on his head should recede and his colors should brighten some! He might even turn green!

Seed and pellet based diet, with fresh and cooked foods!

OP
JaxAttack

JaxAttack

Feb 28, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
Jax the Bare eyed Cockatoo and Pepi the Budgie
I am going to try my best to get the bottom half under. But if its not possible, I will care for my little special needs bird as best I can.
He eats perfectly with it... He just looks grumpy all the time, shame.

He is going to be in quarantine for a few months before I introduce him to Jax.

At the moment he is only interested in his seeds, but I will get him to eats his pellets and cooked food the way I did it with Jax.

Thanks for the replies!

Most Reactions

Latest posts