Perseus - my GCC looking like a drowned rat!

GCC2012

Aug 12, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
GCC
Ok this is my first shot at uploading a pic of my green cheek conure Perseus - he always looks hilarious after a bath!
Hope this works.....

Attachments

• drowned rat Perseus!.jpg
    drowned rat Perseus!.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 301

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
I love birdy bath pics. Its like their alter personalities

OP
GCC2012

GCC2012

Aug 12, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
GCC
Do you guys know how often your birds take a bath? Perseus is constantly bathing in his water bowl at the spur of a moment, her seems to really love it. We tried a couple of different types of baths but he is insistent its a DIY thing for him and always does it in his water bowl instead of the tubs I've bought him!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
What a cute photo of him!!!!

It took me two months before I was able to catch Jayde, my new conure, wet!!!! She typically bathes when I'm not home (i.e. at work out and about).

Jayde bathes at least 3-4 times a week, sometimes bathes every day even! And once, she bathes twice in one day!

Charlie on the other hand bathed less frequently, just whenever he felt like it (which was a lot more than my first conure!), but now that Jayde's here (even though the two do not get along...) he's bathed almost every single time she has!

They also bathe in their water bowls! :) I plan to upgrade the size of Jayde's water dish, not sure if I will with Charlie's or not (but then he already has a larger one than Jayde that he still can't fit in! LOL)

Pineapple

Aug 7, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Pineapple green cheek conure
My conure wants baths all the time lol The water runs in the sink and she'll inch down from my shoulder to get to that water to play in.

kellie

May 11, 2013
Arizona
Parrots
Lukah- Sun Conure, 10 months old!
View attachment 8200

My Lukah after a bath!

Lukah basically never bathes! I spray him off which he seems to like... Most of the time! This picture was after he showered in the sink... Which was more of him just standing under the water! Since then he hasn't expressed any desire to bathe, but I spray him off 3-5 times per week... I let him choose. If he licks the spray bottle I spray him, if not I put it away.

If your Perseus continues to bathe in his water bowl I would get him a separate bird water bottle for drinking out of because he's contaminating his drinking water. Besides that I'd say you're lucky! I wish Lukah expressed an interest in bathing because they look so cute and happy taking baths!

Last edited:

Most Reactions