Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Well baby pheonix is 9 weeks old in Wednesday and he is growing super fast

He's down to 2 x day feeds ( although I'm thinking of putting him back on 3 as he dosent seem to be eating much / weight it steady no change up or down in last week )

He is starting a few little tricks and is learning quickly although his little baby brain is so easily distracted ( my partner calls him squirrel as he reckons he never sits still ) We do wings up where he lifts his wing arcs up behind his head , play dead where i tip him
onto his back for a few seconds and also wave ( that ones taking patience lol ) he also does this thing sometimes when I ask for wings up where he will stretch his leg down behind my hand and spread his wing out. I say pretty boy whenever he does it so hopefully he will eventually learn the cue for it

He still won't accept treats from my hand though so it's just verbal praise and pats for now I'd really like to find something as an extra insentive for him to do it. So if anyone has ideas please I'm all ears or should that be eyes lol

He is flying now ( where did that come from ) we had no pre flaps no jump starts or nothing just up and flying starting late last week
he's still having issues with turning and navigating exactly where he wants to go but we have started recall training at night when kids are in bed and he does really well almost consistantly landing on my hand

Stepups are awesome he is such a champ at it and as of yet no problems ( fingers crossed )

so anyways that's it my excited mummy rambles hope you enjoyed
xx Jess

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Awfully cute, Jess. Sounds like a lot of progress.

OP
Pheonix Rising

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Yep he sure is growing up quick !
Just wish my family took more intrest in him as he's getting very attached to me and rather nervous / nippy( fearful) of my family and I don't want it to esculate as he grows

Unfort they think that he should be the way he is with me to them also although they spend only 2-5 mins with him each day lol
go figure ha

He'll always get plenty of love from me though :)
more recent pics as soon as I find my battery charger it seems to have disappeared totally

Most Reactions