Phoenix is Home.

CaiqueBlessed

Oct 28, 2014
Northern VA
Parrots
Phoenix-a White Belly Caique-who was hatched Sept 2014.
We got the call yesterday that our caique was ready to come home. So the kids and I put the cage together last night and drove out the aviary today to get him. He seems to have adjusted well, but I also think that is because while he was in the aviary we visited him, so he knew us.

As I type, he is sitting on my head watching me. Occasionally, coming down to inspect what I am typing make sure he is getting the attention he deserves. He is establishing that we are his toys and we are lucky that he has decided we are worthy of his presences.

IMG_2244.jpg
Yummy...ear...

IMG_2251.jpg
Here let me fix your hair.

IMG_2261.jpg
Pst...I have a secret to tell you.

IMG_2270.jpg
oh...hair to play with.

Phoenix says hi, to everyone out there and he looks forward to sharing his adventures with everyone.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Oh how sweet and adorable! Phoenix seems absolutely sweet and he is so, so cute! Congratulations on your new additions :)

Jowelbg

Jun 3, 2013
Texas
Parrots
2 Black Headed Caiques - Bunsen & Beaker
Great pictures!! I'd love to hear more about how well he does with your kids. :-D

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Cute baby! Every time I hear of a parrot named Phoenix, I tell myself if/when I get another bird, he will be named Phoenix ;). Love the name.

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Congratulations...what a beautiful, beautiful baby! Love the photos; looking forward to many more!
:D

OP
C

CaiqueBlessed

Oct 28, 2014
Northern VA
Parrots
Phoenix-a White Belly Caique-who was hatched Sept 2014.
New parrot parent here.....here is a Christmas morning hair surfing. The joy is just radiating off him as he gets in a full surf. My daughter learned an important lesson, don't try to stop him, or he will do the bite that says "No! I am busy leave me alone!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlgjPPgra04"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlgjPPgra04[/ame]

Jowelbg-he seems to be doing great with the kids. He will go any of the them, though as you can tell he likes the oldest a little more because of her hair.

RavensGryf-The kids picked out the name-since when he will be grown and his head will be orange/yellow like flames they thought it would fit. The names Flame, Torch, Swift, and Fire were veto'ed. Dad wanted Merlin but he was veto'ed by the kids.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations, Phoenix is a real cutie! Thanks for sharing the adorable photos and video, looking forward to more.

Most Reactions

Latest posts