Photo sharing.

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
Just wanted a thread where we could share those moments caught on camera. I know I take tons of pictures, and I like sharing and showing off my boy. He's amazing. I'll start us off with a nap time photo x

image_zpsbc88863f.jpg

OP
Joshuwaaa

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
Thank you, was just messing around with Loki today an playing with some editing tools :)

Last edited:
OP
Joshuwaaa

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
image_zpse0800873.jpg

I know it shows dominance being on my shoulder, but sometimes I just can't help having him cuddle into my hair loll

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I love that first photo it's really pretty :)
I also take a ton of photos of Rosie, I made her a tumblr just for photos since I didn't want to spam my parrot care blog XD

pacoparrot

Jun 7, 2012
Media
Scranton PA
Parrots
Darwin- Male Ekkie
Charlie- Cinnamon GCC
Twiggy- Cockatiel
RIP Paco, Jack, and Echo </3
I found 3 photos with funny memories attached to them involving Echo.

In the one where her beak is close to the camera(cell phone) As soon as I took the picture she attacked my cell phone and "beak-dialed" my Grandmother. I had to tell Granny that Echo wanted to talk!

The one with me in it is from the day she was sitting with me at the computer and kept preening my hair and making baby noises. Finally she put her beak up to my cheek and said "Love you" for the first time. I had been trying to teach her that for months.

Finally Thanksgiving day at my friend's house! She stole sweet potatos and corn off of everyone's plate.

Attachments

• 734539_10200427866718571_2100425801_n[1].jpg
    734539_10200427866718571_2100425801_n[1].jpg
    51 KB · Views: 258
  • 548416_4754361096299_1275326679_n[1].jpg
    548416_4754361096299_1275326679_n[1].jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 524921_3711960451460_1109533_n[1].jpg
    524921_3711960451460_1109533_n[1].jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 235
OP
Joshuwaaa

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
D'aww Echo is so cute, I love the colours of the female. I also love when he preens my hair haha, it's so tickly lol. He and Jack are at the moment roaming the apartment cleaning as they go. As I'm stuck doing social sciences... Worst part of any law degree.

I would love to see more photos of Rosie, Echo and Ozzie!! They all look lovely. I don't have tumblr I only use twitter and Instagram :(

I'm currently flooding this eclectus forum with pictures and I must stop before I get into trouble.

Oh and I'm not a "Senior Member" which I think means I've posted a lot, but I'm going to take it as I'm now a oldie when it comes to this forum :)

kevin68w

Feb 5, 2013
Parrots
Two Sun Conures. Jojo, and Lex
I have a question. Why is one of my sunny's grooming the other. I've never seen it before.

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Very cute picture of your baby on your shoulder! Oliver always makes a beeline for my shoulder but I redirect...too many shiny things happening on my ears and neck to tempt a nibble...not to mention my nose, eyes, lips....

kevin68w

Feb 5, 2013
Parrots
Two Sun Conures. Jojo, and Lex
Are they mating?

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 244

Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
this was taken yesterday
IMG_3594_zps57abd316.jpg

this was my daughter's first time holding one of the birds all by herself, she's almost 23 months old (daddy was standing right next to them). Usually I hold her hand and have the bird step up then put my other hand under her elbow, so I was supporting the weight. She loves the birds, she sticks her little arm out when she wants to hold them :D

Very cute picture of your baby on your shoulder! Oliver always makes a beeline for my shoulder but I redirect...too many shiny things happening on my ears and neck to tempt a nibble...not to mention my nose, eyes, lips....

I have 6 earrings in my left ear and have never had any of the birds bother them... but my mom's conure used to take her earrings out of her ears

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Cute pics!! I think they all LOVE shoulder time. Gilbert keeps darting for my shoulder when i get him out but i try to get his attention elsewhere until we do shoulder time at night before he goes to sleep. What is ridiculous is that i have a 'shoulder hoodie' that i put over whatever i am wearing when it's shoulder time. He sees that hoodie and gets excited.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Oh man, you have no idea how much of a pic spam I am XD I'll post some of my favorites here, also you don't need to me a member to view my tumblr. A tumblr is a blog that anyone can view.

I love this photo(s), it shows how Rosie looked when I first got her august of 2011 compared with a how she looked a little over a year later. She was so unhealthy and skinny, in the first photo you can almost tell she isn't used to the sun. In the second photo she looks so calm an is glowing with health. This shows how far we've come together and all the love I put into her :)
before_and_after_by_copperarabian-d5txt47.jpg

Lets do a few flying pics
tumblr_mg0kgammkZ1rs86coo1_500.jpg

I set up my camera with a self timer to get this, Rosie had to be withing a 2 foot depth of field and it only took three tries. This is one of my favorite photos of her.
tumblr_mg0jc7MuZh1rs86coo1_500.jpg

Rosie getting ready for a photo shoot
tumblr_mfs3blnhLN1rs86coo1_500.jpg

photo from photo shoot
tumblr_mfs3swf73g1rs86coo1_1280.jpg

Photos where we are touching our birds always feel special to me. Birds aren't meant to be touched by humans, they are wild animals, yet our wonderful birds thrive on our touch.
rosie_9_by_copperarabian-d4lcg4m.jpg

Rosie with my friends Kookaburra, in the last photo they are very unsure of each other.
rosie_and_kookaburra_by_copperarabian-d5txsve.jpg

And lastly, while on a walk with my friend I had her take a photo of Rosie and I. I need to new photo where my hair isn't windblown, and Rosie looks healthier now.
rosie_and_i_by_copperarabian-d4pg08m.jpg

This though, is my favorite photo of all. This is a true portrait of Rosie. So much emotion is within this image, her eyes alone seem to be full of memories. It breaks my heart that I don't know her history, that I am unable to know her happy memories or her horrible memories. All I can do is give her the new memories that she can cherish in her own birdie way.
rosie_32_by_copperarabian-d4tj1ch.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Joshuwaaa

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
Oh gosh all those picture were stunning. Blue your bird and daughter are beautiful :)! It's so nice to have children handle birds, with the right supervision and prep talk that is. My niece loves Cricket and will love Loki. She's so gentle and your bird looks so healthy and pretty.

Holy moly Rosie is such a lovely looking bird, and your right what a difference a good owner makes. The flying pictures and amazing to look at and she looks so photogenic. Lovely. You yourself and one attractive women if you don't mind me saying.

Il aim for more different pictures of Loki tomorrow, been so tied up in boring work. Great pictures though, I'm in awe x

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
My turn. LOL

Here is Joaquin and Mihijo my noble macaw. My Eclectus Joaquin is still a baby. You can see he has not filled out yet and he still had some black on his beak
MihijoandJoaquin.jpg

Here is my favorite picture of Diego my Illiger's macaw. He was a beautiful parrot.

100_0047.jpg

And now...presenting Valentino my RFM. Here is one of my favorite pictures of him. He had only been in our home a week when this was taken
Valentinocloseup_zps30992d1d.jpg

One more....because I really love this parrot. He had flown to me after he was done taking a sink bath in my kitchen sink. Lupe also got video of Valentino taking his sink bath. I wish I could of got videos of my other boys. I would love to be able to play them now that they are gone.
Valentinobathtimehand_zps0ccf6cc6.jpg

RisingSun

Feb 6, 2013
Florida
Parrots
cockatiel - Lucy; SI eclectus - Matisse
I posted these in the introduction forum :)

Lucy the cockatiel and Matisse SI Eclectus after their shower:

ML_zpscddec4da.jpg

ml2_zps8eee9571.jpg

matucy_zpsd248df80.jpg

matucy2_zps0fcea0ce.jpg

matucy3_zpsfbb3ed13.jpg

m2_zps66811dfc.jpg

BathroomRenoDesign047-1.jpg

BathroomRenoDesign051.jpg

RisingSun

Feb 6, 2013
Florida
Parrots
cockatiel - Lucy; SI eclectus - Matisse
I love everyone's photos. And wow, those photos of Rosie are just breathtaking. My favorite is the shot of her in the middle of the dark room with the spotlight on her. She looks like a true supahstah.

Most Reactions

Latest posts