Photoshoot prep?

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
A friend of mine just opened her own photography studio last year and has had good success with humans. She contacted me the other day and said she wanted to venture into pets as well.

Knowing my love for mine, she asked that, in exchange for me signing over rights for her to use my photos for advertising purposes, she's do a shoot for 2 of my birds at almost no charge!

Mine you I've been wanting to do it for a while. So this seemed like a huge opportunity!

They don't mind lights and are calm in most situations. But I can't tell you the last time I've had MY photos taken in a studio, and I'm not sure how to prep them so it isn't a huge shock.

They love their UV lights so I'm not worried about the lights, the flash has me a bit worried.

A few photos will be with me each and a few on their own. They are clipped and I'm taking lots of treats.

Anyone ever have photos done of their pets??

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I haven't had photos done of my pets by a professional, but I do have my flash on most of the time and they don't seem to mind. I don't prepare myself for photoshoots though, I just make sure I'm wearing good clothes, and my hair is brushed, I do nothing with my pets when getting photos of them.

Sent from my Galaxy s8

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Nice :smile049:
If she’s a pro she’ll know what to do. You need to stay calm, so your birds don’t feel your stress. Bring the two birds that are the most calm around strangers. I don’t know where you’re from, but if you have an autumn have her take their portraits outside w/ the fall foliage as the background. :)

Good luck & have fun. It’s a wonderful opportunity, no need to stress over it.
If for any reason it doesn’t go well, reschedule. She was the one who approached you. Happy shooting. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts