Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, the lengths we go to to get our birds:) so glad y'all made it home safely, and that Lemon and Cloud now have a wonderful forever home.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I know, huh?!? Lol I was pretty tense the whole drive home even though I didn't hit a single patch of ice.

Hubby was impressed with their colors- I'm going to have to figure out what mutations they are because I personally have never seen a budgie of either colors!! And they're such little sweethearts ❤❤ the way they love on each other and cuddle is just ADORABLE! I really hope they get along with Quigley :D

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
I'm glad you made it home safe. It's going down into the single digits here tonight - I am not happy. We live in a bad fog area as well, and when we got a new car we made sure it had fog lights - they made a huge difference. The parakeets are adorable, they really are, what great little birds they are. Congrats :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Thanks Gary! :)

We live right next to a major river, so the fog tends to roll in fast and thick here :eek:...and of course the road I took runs alongside the river lol

Catisue22

Nov 1, 2013
Indiana, USA
Parrots
African Grey, Quaker, and three Cockatiels
Can you post pictures? I'd love to see them! And I'm glad you made it home safely. I live in an icy area too, and as an inexperienced driver, I'm having A LOT of issues with it! I'm glad you and your birds are safe and sound, though! :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Thanks!!

I'm also inexperienced as far as driving in the snow and ice :eek: scares me!!!

Haha ;) glad you found the pics!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
VERY relieved you made it home safe and sound. :)

That sure was some heavy duty fog. :eek: :eek:

And Cloud and Lemon are GORGEOUS!!!!! :D

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
They are incredibly cute!! Glad you got home safe.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Well, I don't have much of an update- life has been crazy and hectic and my brain might explode any second lol

Cloud and Lemon are still in quarantine because funds are tight at the moment thanks to the holidays and other life events going on, so they have yet to meet Quigley and chili, and they have yet to have a vet visit. But! Lemon and cloud have heard Quigley over the baby monitor when I'm in their room and they go NUTS!!! They call to her and chirp chirp chirp chirp!!!! Oh and I'm pretty sure they're both boys lol so instead of 3 girls I have 1 girl and 2 boys :eek: As far as their attitudes towards us, they're still skittish and skeptical but that was expected...now that they've had plenty of time to settle in I can start working with them and handling them.

I need to make them some new toys and buy new perches, which I'll do these next couple days...and plans for a custom handmade flight cage/aviary are underway- I need to draw out how I want it and decide what bird-safe wood I want it built out of and then dearest hubby (who's a woodworker/general contractor) will build it :D I was thinking the enclosure part will be 2.5' deep, 4/5' tall, and 4/5' long but including the cabinets underneath it'll probably stand about 6 or 7 ft tall. Oh and definitely have to include a drawer-style cage bottom with soft-close drawer slides so cleaning the cage bottom will be easy and the soft-close slides will ensure it doesn't slam close and scare the poop out of everyone lol

Last edited:

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Oh my goodness - that new cage in the making sounds so nice!!!! I'm glad everything is working out and everybody seems healthy - so all good news :) thank you

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Aww they are so cute!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Cloud and Lemon are still in quarantine, but last week I got them some new perches and toys, and added a cuttlebone
AB6AAEC4-E251-43E6-B8D8-75426D6BAAF7-713-00000072A4A20045_zps4504d1c2.jpg

And today I finished drawing out the plans for the new budgie mansion :D
09F4D771-E711-489F-9DFF-C20DF9AFF474-4269-0000034349D411F5_zps4cf72316.jpg

The enclosure part will be 36"tall x 24"deep x 60"long, there will be a pull-out drawer for the bottom pan, and the base will have cupboard doors with interior shelves.

Access doors for the enclosure part are on each side
99089816-95CE-4EEC-8E4B-AB9D094244C7-4269-0000034350DAC143_zps64025e53.jpg

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I think we'll use Ash wood- fabulous color and grain (and bird safe!), plus it's a fairly hard wood so I'm hoping it'll withstand little budgie beaks if they try to chew on the inside edges lol

My husband will be building it- he's a MARVELOUS craftsman ❤❤ and I'll need to find some schnazzy mesh/bars for the sides- he doesn't want to use plain metal square stuff because he doesn't want it to "look like a rabbit hutch" lol well ok then.... So maybe I'll find some black powder-coated stuff to order. Who knows...

But on the sides and in the space between the cupboard doors I want to do some custom bird designs using wood-burning...I'll need to start practicing because I haven't done wood-burning art before, but I can't imagine it'd be too difficult.

Last edited:

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Oh my word! Your hubby is a genius! That chest is beautiful!
Which I had a crafty hubby hanging around here! Maybe then my drilled holes won't be so crooked! LOL!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts