Pictures of my GCC's

theceltichorse

Apr 7, 2011
Here are a few pictures of my two young GCC's. I have had them for one month tomorrow!
Jasper is a male and is the Pineapple GCC.
Jade is a female and is the original GCC.

Jade is very friendly and Jasper is still pretty shy.

Attachments

• IMG_5708.jpg
    IMG_5708.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_5710.jpg
    IMG_5710.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_5711.jpg
    IMG_5711.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
R.I.P. Linius, my Sun conure
Tapa and Tio, Parakeets, Xander 3 month old sun conure
OOOH IM SO JEALOUS! How do you get such great quality pictures!? Mine always come out dull lol

OP
T

theceltichorse

Apr 7, 2011
I have an Canon EOS Rebel XSi. It takes amazing pictures. It is about 4 years old, maybe 5- so I am sure there are fancier ones out there, but I am very impressed with this one. I love Canon products overall.

I have thought about upgrading or such, but right now is NOT the time! Besides, I don't know half of the bells and whistles that this camera has- let alone a new model!!!

ralstonka

Apr 10, 2011
None, CA
Parrots
Cleo & Sunny [Sun Conure Pair]
Opy [Cinnamon Pied Cockatiel]
Ella [RIP - Pearl Cockatiel]
Wow, so cute! I've never had a "normal" GCC so it always seems strange to me when I do see them next to what is "normal" to me! Beautiful birds :)

OP
T

theceltichorse

Apr 7, 2011
Haha. I had NO intention of getting 2!!! However, I am glad that I have them both. Each has such a unique personality. Jasper is still very unsure as to whether he wants to participate in this relationship- but he is coming around. He has allowed me to scritch him a few times and is getting bolder about nipping (that is one area I could eliminate for sure!). Before he kind of just froze when he stepped up on me and kept his feathers VERY tight and his posture very upright. He is starting to settle down a little bit though. Jade on the other hand is an attention hound- she gets pissed if you ignore her or don't scritch when determines it is time for scritching or cuddles! I have to laugh...

OP
T

theceltichorse

Apr 7, 2011
Ralstonka: I'll have to get your advice regarding clutches if I decide to breed these two... they are only about 12 weeks old so it will be quite awhile- but I might consider it...

ralstonka

Apr 10, 2011
None, CA
Parrots
Cleo & Sunny [Sun Conure Pair]
Opy [Cinnamon Pied Cockatiel]
Ella [RIP - Pearl Cockatiel]
Best of luck, took me 3 full years & a few bad (infertile) nests. I've also sort of lost them as pets, but my other half (bf) is still loved by my female. Hopefully they will come around in another week like my Cockatiels did. I'm getting kisses through the cage.

They will squabble from time to time, and I watched the male mount my female BACKWARDS (she was not happy about this) but the babies are my joy! It was definitely worth the wait!

It's not for everyone, but it's such an amazing process. Now I have 4 little loves who view me as "the provider".

OP
T

theceltichorse

Apr 7, 2011
It won't be for quite a while... if I do, :). I swear I'm turning into the "crazy bird lady"!

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Very cute little guys!

Most Reactions

Latest posts