Pineapple gcc question

Lavalleer

Dec 29, 2014
i have read that the pineapple gcc' are the most gentle and quietest of the Gcc's. Is this a fact?

Williamsong

Nov 19, 2014
South Beloit, Illinois
Parrots
Yellowsided Green Cheek Conure~ Baby/Blue Front Amazon~ Cookie/Timneh African Grey~ Dezi/Normal Green Cheek Conure~Petri
No that is not true, at least with what I've heard. Any GCC will have around the same personality, color variations have nothing to do with personality, it's just how you train, care for, and spend time with your bird that determines its personality.

OP
Lavalleer

Lavalleer

Dec 29, 2014
That's what I thought. I read that today on a breeder's website. It's the first time I had heard that.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
There is no connection between color and personality of green cheeks, and I would advise staying away from any "breeder" who claims there is.

OP
Lavalleer

Lavalleer

Dec 29, 2014
Thanks SilverSage. I don't plan on getting a bird from this breeder. I just happened to come across his site today.

Last edited:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
There are generalities of the species in general but they are individuals! Great birds, every variation.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
I think the only variation between the color variations are the size, correct me if I'm wrong, but Cinnamon's tend to be a wee bit larger. Not to say they are all larger, it still varies on each bird.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I have been thinking about this, and it occurs to me that perhaps this isn't a BAD breeder, but an inexperienced one. A lot of temperament is genetic, it could be that if the breeder has limited experience with only a few birds, that they have noticed that THIER pineapples are sweeter than THIER other GCCs. When I worked on a ranch we could tell within minutes if not under a minute whether a colt had been sired by one of our studs or if the mare had been pregnant when purchased. This did not have to do with breed, they were all the same breed, but our horses were bred specifically for temperament and it was obvious. It could be that the pineapples that particular breeder produces are genetically inclined toward better temperaments than say, the turquoises they produce.

I think of my cockatiels. I only have two pair, but IN GENERAL on pair produces incredibly clever, quick developing, excellent flying, super smart babies while the other produces super cuddly, over the top mushy, love-you-till-you-die babies. All th babies are smart, and all are sweet, and all are cockatiels (tons of colors, no way to determine it by color, like I said), but the lines have different characteristics. I know you said you weren't going to buy from them, but my first answer was pretty harsh and I have been thinking about it andwanted to clarify that the breeder could be going off their own observations and simply not have enough data, rather than just being a bad breeder.

OP
Lavalleer

Lavalleer

Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for that advice SilverSage. I had been thinking along those same lines. I still won't be buying a bird from them. I prefer to find a breeder where I can visit and pick out which bird I want.

SkitzChik

Dec 15, 2014
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiel
I'm guessing the breeder has one exceptionally affectionate pineapple and just assumes its a pineapple thing.

barett

Dec 12, 2014
I have 2 pineapple gcc and they are only loud when they want something. Otherwise they don't make a peep.

Most Reactions

Latest posts