Please check my Parrots poop, is it healthy? COG Parrot

danbrah

Sep 18, 2013
The first picture is from yesterday after I gave him lots of real food throughout the day only.
Mashed Brownrice/potato/carrot/greenpepper/bread/romane lettuce

UkxLkCy.jpg

Here is his morning poop from today
(it seems to be missing a lot of the crystal stuff) but it came back in the following poops after that huge wake up morning unload later that morning.

UjFsmt6.jpg

How does his poop look? It was never this brownish color till I gave him real foods.

couple days before it was constant light green because he was eating seeds only everyday and now I took that away from him and am making him eat real foods. I think this is good because I was worrying he has liver problems but since it changed to this after stopping seeds for 1 day and to real foods it's not that green color anymore, so he must not have any liver problems. I hope

Kimmied

Sep 7, 2013
PA
Parrots
I have one umbrella cockatoo. A female 3 years old named Mina.
Danbrah you are the best one to know your birds poop. Anything he/she eats can change the content their feces. The fact that you are getting your parrot away from seed is great. Have you considered pellets along with fruits and veggies? Now back to the poop. I always question and worry about my birds poop. If you are in doubt take it to the vet and just either A. Get them to look at the fecal sample or. B have them test it quick for a gram stain. Also look at the all,over condition of your bird are they eating well? Playing? How does his feathers look? However IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT please take him/ her to the vet. You won't regret it,for your piece of mind and you could save your bird life.

Most Reactions

Latest posts