Cassycass

Aug 28, 2012
Media
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
African Grey
Galah Cockatoo
Hi,

I'm looking at the Kings Aluminium Cage which is the size 33x25 for my Galah Cockatoo or African Grey. Is this too small? It's the biggest they have. I was going to get the arch top but I want to make sure it is okay... This is it: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

I did buy a cage that I thought was a great price but now I'm wondering about it. It's 35.5x24 and the bars spacing is 0.98" with the bars thickness being 4.5 mm But when I look at it, it looks more like a 32x23. It's this cage:http://elite-pets.com/A23(B).asp

I have this cage on hold which it says is a 36x28 it's an A and E cage: North America Parrot Toys Parrot Supplies Bird Toys Swings

Bu then I was also considering this cage which it says is a 41x28 but the bar spacing is 1.22" this is it:

http://elite-pets.com/A20.asp

PLEASE I feel so lost!! The cage that I have at home is the second one listed. Then I have the 3rd one listed on hold but I can always put that money towards the aluminium because they sell that too but then the fourth one seems to be the biggest and cheaper than all the rest... So I don't know...

I also bought this as it was only 75.00 - http://elite-pets.com/A37.asp

HELP ME PLEASE!

Birdlover47

Aug 26, 2012
Australia
Parrots
None at the moment but would love an eclectus parrot
,R.I.P to my Galah, Ban-Jo
I may be wrong but I believe those cages are fairly small! It could just be the picture but that's what I think.

Good luck finding a cage :)

Last edited:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
The 3rd Cage you have listed is a great size! The other 2 are a little bit too small!

The Playstand is great :)

OP
C

Cassycass

Aug 28, 2012
Media
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
African Grey
Galah Cockatoo
Thanks! I might just end up sticking with that 3rd one which is an A & E victorian cage. But do you think it's better than the last cage which is 41x28?

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Thanks! I might just end up sticking with that 3rd one which is an A & E victorian cage. But do you think it's better than the last cage which is 41x28?

Thats quite a hard choice... I like the last one as well... I would go with whichever of those 2 you like best :)

OP
C

Cassycass

Aug 28, 2012
Media
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
African Grey
Galah Cockatoo
But it's not about which one I like :(... It's about which one the birdies would like :) Its such a hard decision... I think the a & e has a better lock system though.. I know the cockatoo may try to escape maybe but will the african grey? Since I already bought the second cage but you said it was too small I will probably leave it as a temporary cage and then get the victorian and the last one... do you think that's a good idea??

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
i also have a king's cage and i love them. i would guess you would want something in the 42" to 4 foot width range for a bird that size, to fit all their toys and perches. i have something in their 'european collection'. I think you can get away with a little smaller cage if the bird will be out a lot and have a play gym too. hey doesn't Kings website have something to shop by bird type?? i think they may.....

OP
C

Cassycass

Aug 28, 2012
Media
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
African Grey
Galah Cockatoo
Yea they do but they recommend their 33x25 for an african grey and I dont think thats right... So I dont trust to go by that option... lol...

OP
C

Cassycass

Aug 28, 2012
Media
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
African Grey
Galah Cockatoo
I agree as I just watched "Jail bird" on youtube and it was a cockatoo who escaped from the EXACT same lock that is on this cage so I've already ruled it out for the cockatoo lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts