Please send healing vibes to my new addition. Little Baby Pipsqueak.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh thank heavens for that, Iā€™ve been in suspense all morning! Jolly good show young Pip, you be a good birdie for your mum and I hope you grow up big and strong!!

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Thank you!
He is currently sitting on my lap preening himself!

Here is a short video to show his condition yesterday. Annoyingly I didnā€™t video him trying to walk, when he tried to walk heā€™d just fall over and have to have his wings spread for balance.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJK-2dxJNs&feature=youtu.be

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Dear oh dear he does seem to have been in a very bad way indeed! Goodness only knows what his previous living conditions must have been like! Well everyone here in BrizVegas is pulling for you Pip!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Also, Pip is the cutest Tiel I have ever seen...He's co cute!! I hope he makes it...poor baby! Have you read or seen the film(s), "Great Expectations"? (Pip is the boy's name).

Last edited:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Poor little Pip! He must feel so bad! How awful to see a defenceless little creature such a poorly (and probably preventable) way. It's great news to hear he made it through the night and is showing some improvement! Go Pipsqueak! <3

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

The improvement is outstanding. He is now able to stretch and preen. He couldnā€™t dare try that yesterday or he would have fallen over and used up for too much energy.
I can also tell heā€™s feeling much better as he didnā€™t like me so much this morning haha! Bite bite bite with his little baby beak.. heā€™s over that now and is my friend again lol!
His appetite is incredible too! Heā€™s almost always eating!!
Still touch and go of course! Take each day as it comes.

This was him looking on deaths door last night just before bed:
v1tTbpv.jpg

And here he is right now, preening himself on my lap:
8B6vvEl.jpg

SrUbg5w.jpg

c8FUB28.jpg

peemrvm.jpg

Ps..Iā€™m calling him a boy but of course heā€™s too young to tell his gender! But Iā€™ll live in hope heā€™s a boy lol

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Oh my, another soul that is lucky to have landed with you! More adorables :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh he is totes adorbz! He looks like Fang but with more white bits. Maybe Fang could be his uncle??

Itā€™ll be so interesting to see what he looks like after a nice bath and especially after a good moult!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Amazingly hopeful update, Hannah! You are a realist and it is difficult to predict the future, but he has responded so well. Let us hope for continued improvement!!

Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
13 cockatiels 2 sun conures
Hanna,
Just know that someone here in Texas is pulling for you and Pipsqueak! I know what your going thru, I've been there myself. All you can do is prey and give them the most love and attention you can. With that said, we are expecting our first hatch of 5 TODAY!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so happy to read the update of Lil Pip, and those pictures are too precious. The one where he is looking up at you with complete trust and adoration really touched me.
The video was heartbreaking to see what he has been going through, but you can also see his warrior spirit.

Praying for a wonderful update today, Pip is such a fighter and has stolen hearts all over the world.

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Hi everyone.
Yesterday evening Pip returned to his trembly state. Once again I was worried all night, but heā€™s still with us this morning :) heā€™s not doing great Though, still trembling and wobbly on his feet. But he still has a great appetite! Heā€™s a little fighter!
Iā€™m now doing all we can to keep him warm as Iā€™m worried heā€™s struggling to keep himself warm. So Iā€™ve heated and wrapped up a wheat heat bag that Iā€™ve popped in his cage and weā€™ve also just hung up a radiator in our bedroom where he sleeps at night to keep the temperature constantly warm as itā€™s really dropping quite cold at night.
Iā€™m worried he isnā€™t sleeping in his cage. He mostly falls asleep when heā€™s on me.

I managed to get the big clumps of stuck on poop off his feet that he arrived with.

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Glad to hear heā€™s still with us. Iā€™m hoping against hope for him to make it.

The part about the poop stuck on his feet makes me SO MAD. Who lets an animal get in that condition? Thank you again for being such an angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Glad to hear heā€™s still with us. Iā€™m hoping against hope for him to make it.

The part about the poop stuck on his feet makes me SO MAD. Who lets an animal get in that condition? Thank you again for being such an angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!!

Oh it makes me so mad too! Donā€™t breed or keep animals if you wonā€™t put the effort in to make them happy and healthy!!

Iā€™ve just weighed him and heā€™s a just 60grams.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So frustrating to see the ups and downs as Pip fights malnutrition and/or illness. Hoping for the good outcome Pip and you so deserve.

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Not looking good guys :(
Heā€™s been having seizures. Think he will pass soon

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh no Hannah, Iā€™m so sorry to hear this. Stay with him and keep him warm, which Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do anyway, and Iā€™m sending lots of love to both of you.

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Poor poor Baby.
Heā€™s still with us but very poorly. Heā€™s had about 4 seizures in the past 2 hours and been in a constant postictal stage throughout. Typical itā€™s a Sunday night otherwise would have taken him to the vet asap.
Iā€™ve been with him for the whole time. And managing to calm some seizures from fully devolving. Heā€™s currently sleeping/postictal on my lap.
Heā€™ll either pass away in the night or miraculously get out of this seizure cycle and I can take him to the vet first thing in the morning.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Please stay with us little one, you have such a happy and wonderful life ahead of you with your loving mum!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Come on, little Pip! You can do it. There's folks all over the world pulling for you. Happy, healing vibes heading your way from here in Maine, USA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Most Reactions