Please send healing vibes to my new addition. Little Baby Pipsqueak.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Nothing wrong or concerning about gradual improvement as it common defines gaining strength at depth!

People fail to understand why I love a noise Parrot and the more noise the better. A declining Parrot becomes silent. Enjoy every day to its fullest, clearly that is what he is doing!

AND, he now knows the warmth of LOVE!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Roller coaster indeed, Hannah! His good days are so inspiring, your love and dedication simply amazing.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Just wanted to mention, that last picture... That is the face of a happy bird! Gives me the warm and fuzzies! Some little boy knows he's loved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
13 cockatiels 2 sun conures
Those last pics of you and pip are GREAT! I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. He reminds me a lot of our Buzz. I may have mentioned before that I have a weakness for the whiteface mutations!

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
A super distracting little Pipsqueak this morning..

VTX3dAS.jpg

6RyXtlF.jpg

“Yay I’ve gain 3 grams!”
v6PKwP1.jpg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Look at that little face! I think he likes being a rock star :-D Yay Pipsqueak!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Pip looks a thousand percent better, Hannah! I'm sure you are enjoying him as much as he's soaking up your love!

Has the seizure activity reduced at all?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
A super distracting little Pipsqueak this morning.

“Yay I’ve gain 3 grams!”
v6PKwP1.jpg

Yair super distracting but in the nicest possible way. And congratulations on the weight gain too. When I think about how horrible his past life was - well actually I can't even bear to think about it. Hopefully Pip doesn't ever think about it any more either. Hannah your little man has the heart of a lion!

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Pip looks a thousand percent better, Hannah! I'm sure you are enjoying him as much as he's soaking up your love!

Has the seizure activity reduced at all?

Thank you Scott. He’s had a good day today, he’s even been singing/chatting quite madly this evening.

I don’t want to jinx it but he’s seizures have calmed down. yesterday I was sure he was on the verge of a seizure all day but it never happened. He’s still got the shakes and wobbles but not as bad today.
The medication hasn’t turned up to the clinic (it’s coming from Sydney). So won’t be able to put him on that until it arrives early next week. But fingers crossed until then..

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Pip looks so much better! I'm so glad to hear that he didn't have a seizure yesterday, and the fact that he felt well enough to sing and chatter is such a positive sign.
He is absolutely the most precious little distraction ever.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Hannah, do you hold and cuddle Pip within view of Percy? You can bet Percy will notice and may learn you are friend, not foe, and mellow a bit. A fine line between jealousy and acceptance!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Hannah??? Any updates on 'lil Pip????:confused:

Jim

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Hannah, do you hold and cuddle Pip within view of Percy? You can bet Percy will notice and may learn you are friend, not foe, and mellow a bit. A fine line between jealousy and acceptance!

I do yes! But I don’t think Percy is jealous just yet.. I think he’s more concerned for Pips safety and probably shouting to him ‘STAY AWAY FROM THE HUMAN!!’ Haha!

Hannah??? Any updates on 'lil Pip????:confused:

Jim

Thanks for checking in Jim. We’ve not had the best weekend here on the farm.
But all is okay for Pip, I wouldn’t say he had one of his best days yesterday but certainly not one of his worst. He was quite shaky in the afternoon. And he ended up falling asleep on my lip... After his nap I put him to bed quite early.
It’s Monday morning now and Pips sitting on my Knee preening himself. Unfortunately I have to go to work today, I’m so worried about leaving him. But a friend of mine is going to pop in to check Pip throughout the day.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh dontcha just hate having to go to work with a sick baby at home! Glad he did well over the weekend though and preening is always a good thing. I can’t help but grin like an idiot every time I see his sweet little face :D

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I think the fact that he’s still with us is just amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Hopefully Pip will rest and enjoy some alone time. Perhaps the meds will show up soon? May the farm have a better week ahead!

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

xR34BLo.jpg

6G776Bh.jpg

5CKk2HF.jpg

6axS3rQ.jpg

DaPQ2RS.jpg

These two photos are quite a few days old, his wings don’t tend to drop quite so much anymore..
d04ajlQ.jpg

VdRTXI6.jpg

Isn’t he just adorable!?

Pip is doing well. It’s been a week since he last had a seizure. But he still has shaky moments. His anti seizure stuff has arrived today. I’ve spoke to the vet to make sure it’s still okay for him to go on them as his seizure activity has reduced. He said he definitely still wants to trial Pip on them, they may make him a bit sleepy and if they do we will lower the dose.
:)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Every good day is another brick in the wall and another step on the road to recovery. And oh yes Hannah, he IS totally adorable ❤️

PS Love the book he's reading btw, "We are idiots now, we have been idiots in the past, and we will be idiots again in the future, and that's OK. There aren't any other available options for human beings."

Never a truer word spoken!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts