Poptart has gone crazy!!

hgr1374

May 6, 2014
South Florida
Parrots
A cockatiel named Poptart
I have to say that everyday I am more in love with this lil baby! Today I had him on my shoulder and my son gave me a Dorito. I didn't even think about it and let Poptart have a bite, After I realized what I did I took the chip away and Poptart started screeching like a mad man...I felt so bad, so I gave him a piece of french bread (soft part) and he was happy. After I gave him bread I started thinking if that was ok for the baby!
I am still trying to learn what is good for them. When Poptart is in the cage and he sees me eating anything he makes that screeching (baby noise). So I am wondering if I should put the blanket on the cage till Poptart calms down. I don't want to give attention to negative behavior. I also want to make sure I feed Poptart good stuff.

:grey:

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
First off he sounds like a doll! Full of personality(:) so what you definitely don't wanna give him is chips. The bread is ok in moderation. I gave mine like one bite a week give or take. Most birds love popcorn as a treat or little snack Just plain popcorn no butter or salt! Does he eat veggies and fruits?? You can give grapes and sprouts haven't seen a bird not love sprouts hehe:p O and I had a cockatiel waaaayyy back when I was small and he looovved apples! No core!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
LOL! Sounds like you can get him to eat healthy as long as you have some veggie or fruit snacks on hand! :D

Or would that be making you eat healthier??? :p

Most Reactions