possibly laying an egg?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Tell your mom that "cuddles" are equivalent to sex and that they could kill her....It's gross when you think about it as sex...and that is what it is...foreplay....NOT innocent to the bird and certainly not fair.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Furthermore, if she wouldn't allow a dog to....you know... her leg....Then, cuddles are also a bad idea. Maybe making that comparison would help drive the point home?

Speaking of mom problems, when my "too" screams (despite having been told to ignore it), my mom occasionally will walk into the room and say "hush" (OMMMGGGG MOMMMMMM) !
She is convinced it "works" because Noodles gets quiet. I am like, DUH, you just gave her what she wanted! She is quiet because she was screaming FOR someone to come into the room...We have had to have many "talks" when visiting.

Last edited:
OP
SunnyGirl

SunnyGirl

May 8, 2012
Jesenice, Slowenia, Europe
Parrots
sun conure - Sunny
oh man, time flies, I didn't even notice it's over 2 months since I last updated this :rolleyes:

so the last 2 months went really well :D even the family finally really understood what my issue was with the cuddling and all, so yay!
2 weeks ago we started noticing that she incressingly started acting more cuddly, started to puff up more, tried to get into shirts and all that... so I called the vet and I took her in for a checkup and the second dose of her implant yesterday... she was super cuddly the whole day so I just need to wait till the second one kicks in and then hopefully we're good till november or so... :orange:

veggies are not food but they make a very good shredding toy :rolleyes: :D

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Was wondering how Sunny was doing....good to hear :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Good to hear from you SunnyGirl and thanks for the update!

My Fang is much the same with his attitude to vegies, he tends to shred them more than eat them although I’m sure he must be ingesting something along the way!

OP
SunnyGirl

SunnyGirl

May 8, 2012
Jesenice, Slowenia, Europe
Parrots
sun conure - Sunny
I didn't disappear, I swear :D

it's been half a year since my last post in this thread (oh man, time flies fast!) and it's one year since the Sunny-panic... so I think it's time for a small update on how we're doing :)

Sunny is doing great!!! we love the Vet and the assistants, sun got used to car rides and getting handled with the mean grey towel and let's the Vet grab her and examine her with (almost) no trouble....
another amazing great thing is also that I can ow get the implants directly at the Vet and don't need to drive hours to the next country to get them anymore :35:

she's on her third implant and is going in for her fourth in about a week or so... the implants are amazing! the winter season was still a bit hard on her but we had close to no excapades and funny business at all :D
the biggest change (apart from her not violating my hands and similar lol) I noticed in her behaviour is that she isn't as hyperactive anymore, she is calmer, naps more but is still very active, loves to play by herself more... she is still very much a velcro bird but not aaaallllll of the time, if that is even possible :p well she doesn't scream bloody murder if I leave the room for a secondy so yes, nice changes!

the spoiled brat even got a new cage as a Christmas present :orange:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Awesome to get a Sunny update! Glad to hear that the implants are working well. I’ll keep it in mind if I ever run into egg laying issues (I have at 4 dna’d girls) :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Great to know your girl is doing so well and wonderful to have you both back on the forum :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts