Post your homemade toys!

ArtBird

Nov 8, 2013
Saint Paul
Parrots
Prince Ki,
Senegal Overlord of Henle Studio
Wow...nice cage! & set-up.. looks like birdy heaven! The branches are beautiful ....
I'm searching for a new & larger cage for my Senegal, Ki....since some of the powder coat has come off his Preview Hendryx Royalty hahaha....and I know he'd LOVE to hang out in a larger space that I can put such branches in. Thanks for the additional inspiration!
This pic was Ki's over-the-sink playground when we lived in Portland.

5242_original.jpg

Last edited:

FreddyCheeks

May 8, 2013
Media
NJ
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure-Fred-Hatch date 3/5/13 --- Bourke parakeet- Pinky - home date 11/27/17---CAG-Chicken Lily-home date 12/1/17
Not so much a toy as much as a play area. (still a work in progress)
20131109_154009_zps385c5014.jpg

Couple of quick toys for the Star.

20131109_155305_zpsc77f0190.jpg

20131109_155312_zpsae587838.jpg

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Here is a picture of a bird toy I commonly make myself. I use some bird parts I order and Chinese finger toys.
1468576_10202574574191384_1030438145_n.jpg

When I get paid again I will finish my parrot play necklace and post it in the do it yourself section. I also going to make a larger toy kind of like this toy Super Bird Flower Hoopla Hanging Bird Toy: Pet Bird Toys except larger, with bigger bangles etc. When I finish it I will post it.

Last edited:

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ok- my homemade toys are pretty lame compared to everyone else's lol but hey- paper bags are pretty entertaining!! Lol

Blueridge

Sep 16, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
Rocky - Yellow-Faced Quaker Parrot
Your guys' toys are real cool! Although my quaker parrot has a ton of toys, he has never played with any of them! I don't know why! He also has a phobia of bells. Strange.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
It is very important to educate yourself on what plants, leaves, trees, branches & twigs and fruit is safe for our birds. I do use apple tree branches in my bird cages because I like the natural look of them and the different thicknesses. Also the birds love to peel the bark off and anything that amuses them makes me happy. Here is one site:

Safe and Toxic Plants for Pet Birds List, poisonous and toxic plants for pet birds, safe herbs for pet birds, safe flowers for pet birds, safe garden plants for pet birds, safe garden flowers for pet birds, safe seeds to grow for pet birds, safe hous
It's called cockatielcottage dot net / houseplants

Here is another called PlannedParrothood dot com I LOVE that name lol

Toxic and Safe Plants/Trees for Birds - Household Poisons

Better safe than sorry people!

Last edited:

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Jeeze you people are amazing, the extent of my making toys is folding millet spray, avi-cakes and nutriberries into clean white paper and I thought I was doing great lol. Some of you are very clever. I sure wish toys didn't cost as much as they do, especially the shredder rip apart toys like my favorite, the Wesco Kabob (my birds LOVE IT) but that's life and how it is. My Fischer Lovebirds rip apart EVERYTHING, and they keep working at the ropes holding up their cuddle hut - I already have it gerrymandered to hang safely lol. My parrotlets on the other hand seem to prefer foraging for food and treats. It is kind of amazing to see the differences in behavior in different species although they physically look so similar.

cassiepengo

Nov 12, 2013
india
Parrots
my darling lovebird
wow!! that is amazing!! but i dont have all that stuff. do you know anything that is really easy, shreddable :)stuff

dnero123

Feb 7, 2018
ohio
Parrots
Green cheeked conure.
I had a cockatoo years ago
I just bought a green cheeked conure and love some of these ideas for bird toys, they are way to expensive at the bird store I go to. I was wondering where you get those round pieces of would shade? I can not seem to find them anywhere I have looked.

Thank you
Denise

djdancer

Jan 7, 2013
Denise do you have a picture of the wood you are referring to? If you can explain or show me a picture I'm sure I can help.
That's awesome that you have a Greencheek Conure. The are very smart birds and love to dance to music. I have 2 of them a Sun and a Sunday. They are very nippy but once you get used to it they are worth it. How old is yours?

Most Reactions