Posturing and behavioral...

ZeljkaD

Dec 17, 2012
Media
Albums
Rijeka, Croatia
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Alex, budgies Revan and Alexis
Well, me and my IRN Alex have been getting along fabulously. Ever since I moved to live in the office, he's even more with me, and he's gotten extremely cuddly. Like, he calls me just so I can scratch him for 15 mins or more. Anyone else has a bird which adores being cuddled?

The downside of that is I simply can't open the fridge: whenever I do, he goes to the corner of his cage near it to peek in in hopes he gets something. He's getting like a dog: whatever I'm eating, he wants. His favourite seems to be nacho chilli chips, he absolutely begs for them whenever he sees the bag.

Also, I'm starting to think he might be male. He's started posturing a lot. Spreads his wings in a heart shape and spreads his tail when he's extremely happy. Not to mention whistles after us or with us when he's cuddled.

mandolynn

Feb 25, 2012
ND
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Parakeet(Flora)
Red headed Amazon(Paco)
Family Parrots-
Blue Crowned Conure(Sapphire) Mitred Conure(Sammy) Severe Macaw(Nikita)
Any sex URN does the posturing and whistling. My female does it a lot, especially during breeding season. Male URNs have a visible band around their neck so they are easy to sex.

OP
Z

ZeljkaD

Dec 17, 2012
Media
Albums
Rijeka, Croatia
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Alex, budgies Revan and Alexis
Alex is barely a year old, so it's too early to see the band. He is getting a faint outline around his neck though, we'll see how it turns out.

Most Reactions

Latest posts