Prawns or krill

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I give mine small cut up bits of shrimp - already cooked - usually when I am cooking it for us, I will cut up one for them. (Split 5 ways)

Mine also like chicken and fish...

My zon is funny when we have salmon. She doesn't even bother to chew, just puts her head straight back and swallows it whole! GIMME MORE OF THAT!

I stay away from giving them red meat, though one of my zons would definitely eat it if you offered it to her. (We don't)

Krill I don't know anything about.

Sammy01

Aug 30, 2013
Parrots
Milo: White Fronted Amazon
Sex: Male
approx hatch date: May 2013
Are prawns and krill good for parrots, if yes , in what form?

I've never heard of any of the type of parrots I've had or currently have eating this in the wild so I'd stay away from it.

Generally parrots eat vegetables, fruits, seeds, and nuts. I prefer to feed them as close to their natural diet as possible to be safe. :)

ETA: they also eat flowers, bark (cinnamon), etc.

Last edited:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
The only packaged krill I've ever seen is fish food, but krill is a type of crustacean & its shell pieces could cause a problem in a bird's digestive system.....peeled shrimp would be fine...either fresh or cooked.....

Most Reactions