Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Good luck with the doctor appoinment roxynoodle :)

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I'm soooo sorry to hear about this, good luck with Merlin.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My doctor appointment should be fine. I just had an MRI in September and nothing alarming has developed (yet); just typical changes they see in chronic pancreatitis. There really isn't much more they can do for me. The damage is evenly spread throughout my pancreas so there are no surgical options. Also my pancreatic duct is twisted and bent rather than dilated, so putting in a stent wouldn't help. It is just my misfortune to have an unusual presentation of the disease (and to even have it in the first place as I am pretty much at the bottom of the barrel statistically for who gets this disease). But, I appreciate the well wishes:)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Anything I can do for you roxynoodle , just let me know.
I know I'm not close , but the offer still stands .

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
^ Same. I also have a chronic illness that's pretty crappy for me, I doubt you're one looking for sympathy, but sometimes an emphatic ear is nice to have when your illness is flaring. :).

How many more trips expected for Merlin? I'm considering taking my Merlin to biggest and bestestest avian vets in the NW here, to see what they say about maybe fixing his leg, and to see if his itching is down to potentially a skin condition or something. Ho hum, so little money, so many things need fixing!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Merlin has one more appointment on Saturday. I'm sure it won't be her last though before her wellness check next year.

holly6386

Feb 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Green Cheek conure, Sun conure, Vos eclectus, LSC cockatoo, Miligold macaw
I will keep you and merlin in my prayers.
i havent known you very long but you have been so kind and helpful.
I hope things start to look up!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
We just got back. I'm happy to report her infection is gone, yay! She still has a very small amount of yeast and the vet thinks some extra vitamin C will clear that up. She will go in again in 2 weeks to see if that is working. The vet did say she seems and looks the healthiest she's seen her yet though. I think we have finally turned the corner.

Tikazoo

Nov 17, 2011
Parrots
Orange Wing Amazon
Oh my girl that's fabulous!!! Time for some good news, that's great!!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Oh, actually one of the reasons we go back in 2 weeks is for that hormone shot to help keep the Bornavirus from getting out of control again.

Rowdy just make a loud squeak and scared her. She might not be used to all of Rowdy's unusual sounds.

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
I am so glad to hear this!

She is a lucky girl to have you as a mom!

TREETREE

Mar 3, 2012
Pocatello Idaho
Parrots
had a green cheek conure and he died last July , I was so sad Now I am so blessed to have adopted a grey named Lucy 5 years old!!!
God bless your grey, I will pray for your bird, I am new to this site and, Jesus is my number 1 and I believe there is power in prayers.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Everyone's prayers and well wishes probably helped:) Keep her in your thoughts as she will have the Bornavirus forever.

She has learned to fake seizures though just to get me to come running and then cuddle and love on her, lol! She's a smart little booger. She's done it 4 days in a row now. I told her she is going to give me a nervous break down.

Most Reactions

Latest posts