Pray for member roxynoodle's Grey !

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
She has learned to fake seizures though just to get me to come running and then cuddle and love on her, lol! She's a smart little booger. She's done it 4 days in a row now. I told her she is going to give me a nervous break down.

That is horrible for you!! Wow, goes to show how smart they are though...

So glad that things are looking up. You truly are a wonderful birdie mom.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, I asked the vet today if she would be able to fully grip my hand and talk to me if she was really having one, and she said no. I said I didn't think so, and told her what Merlin has been doing. So when she has "faked" them I didn't stick her with the injection because I was suspicious she was doing it on purpose. The 2 real ones she had were pretty obvious. But, I think she learned I was going to come running to pay attention to her if she went to the bottom of the cage and sat there real still with her head down.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Thats wonderful news that she is better! What a cheeky bugger faking the seizures lol! :(

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Apparently she is going to fake seizures daily from 11am to 1pm to get attention, lol! She first spends about 3 hours eating, playing, tearing up her newspaper, and then she gets bored. And of course it's very hard for me not to reinforce this behavior because I have to be sure she really is ok. I suspect now this may become the daily routine. This little birdie does need a lot of love and reassurance though. Instead of bringing each bird out now for one long session, I'm now giving them each 2 shorter ones to make sure Merlin is getting all the love and cuddle time she needs. And now because Merlin just wants to cuddle forever with me, my other 2 mostly want to do the same instead of play on their play gyms, lol! They are like, hey, we have toys to play with in our cages; when out of our cages we want to be with you!

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Heck,....that's better playing DEAD ! lol !!!!

You'll have to get her on the Jay Leno show !

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Merlin still has a bit of yeast so she will be taking another medication for that. But, otherwise the vet says she looks better now than she has yet by far! She won't have to go back now for 4-6 weeks, yay!

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
whoa congrats roxy. good to see merlin's doing well. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts