Progress!!! I'm melting with love!

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
Last night we had a break through in my home!

My Gcc, Conlan, aka Greenasaurus Rex, who at one point was my right wing girl then ditched new for my mother, sat with me while I read for about 30 minutes! For the last few months she's snapped at me every chance she got and wouldn't even step up for me. My mother, however, she would do anything for.

As I was reading she keep bending forward on her perch on her cage and chirping at me. So I opened her door and she came out and onto my hand. I say back on my bed to read, and she happily say on my chest preening and falling asleep. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GOOD THAT FELT!!!! My girl still loves me :D

PLUS

Kellan, my Jenday with the hatred of anyone who isn't me. Who attacks people, especially my mother... Actually tried engaging my mother in play by hopping around and rolling over in his cage with her standing there... It only lasted until she tried giving him a scratch.. Then he went back to his bratty self lol.

But he also sat on my bed with me while she sat at the other end, and for the first time in months didn't charge her or puff up. My mother and I were stunned. Usually he's a puffed up ball of anger and attack, but he almost seemed to just sit back and watch her.

I'm so proud of my Conures!!! It's been hit and miss with them. But last night was a moment I needed to know it's not impossible!

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Ohhhh I love conures...wonderful bundles of fluffy moodiness!

Thanks for posting loved it!

Most Reactions

Latest posts