prolly the calm before the storm

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Binky my 11 month old quaker,brought him home July 11,2014. Olly my o.w.a is 8 years old.brought him home,sept.3rd. :-)
Lol...I love this o.w.a..he makes the cutest little sounds,sounds like gurgling water.he's fantastic,I'm sure he will get louder,when I first got Binky I said I dunno why people say these birds are so loud,lol..now that he's comfy here and trust us,let's just say he shows his vocals. Wouldn't have it any other way tho. Still debating on o.w.a's name... he loves to stay on top of his cage..he got out about 9 yesterday morning I had to force him bk.in about 9 last night.lol...I even got him on the couch with me and sit him on my belly..then he became very affectionate. I am shocked considering how he was living before. When I look in his eyes and speak to him its like I can see the appreciation.I think so far he is loving his new home!! He won't take any fruit ,but I keep trying,he does seem to like veggies tho,so that's good.I noticed he will also eat the food if I eat some first.I think him seeing me with Binky helps too...I put Binky in his bath in front of the o.w.a yesterday so he can see how much fun a bath can be...will slowly introduce him to it. I do think he may be a little over weight..he's pretty darn big. OK.done writing my book..just excited. :) :orange:

Last edited:
OP
M

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Binky my 11 month old quaker,brought him home July 11,2014. Olly my o.w.a is 8 years old.brought him home,sept.3rd. :-)
I downloaded two pics of him..I dunno how to put them in my message.but they are in the image album here under Amazon's. He looks way better in person.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Isn't it amazing how fast we fall in love with our birds? I also thought Sassy was sooooo quiet when I brought her home...for the first couple days. Then she got comfortable :eek:. She isn't loud often, but when she's loud she's LOUD! Every time one of my dogs bark the birds start barking too. Glad we don't have close neighbors!:09:

OP
M

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Well he's Let me hold him several times so far today...he don't want the hubby coming no where near him yet...got my first bite too! I put him in the shower and he didnt really want me to,so as I was lowering him down he bit my upper arm,smarted too. Lol...driving my self crazy trying to think of a name!

OP
M

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
OK settled on a def.name..Olly. :)

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Aww...Olly is a great name! I haven't attempted to put Sassy in the shower yet..lol. That will be a while! I can only mist her so far. I don't know if she ever got a bath with her previous owner and she's not even crazy about being misted. I am going to get a shower perch...Cisco will probably use it and hopefully someday Sassy will too.

OP
M

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Yes I'm gonna get a shower bar also,once he got in he didn't seem to hate it,just didn't love it.but I'm sure he really needed it! :) no hard feelings tho he's been even more friendly today.he's warming up and adjusting quite well.:) I'm loving it,I feel like a mommy again.lol

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
I think I have enough PVC and fittings left over from the playgym to make one, but I have to get the suction cups. So happy that you and Olly are doing so well bonding!

OP
M

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Olly is def. Coming out of his shell...he's starting to make sounds,he hasn't got loud yet but he's getting more vocal..he also is getting more loving :). :). :). He's even groomed me a couple of times ,he also throws little fits...I gave him carrots yesterday and he picked through the bowl tasting every single one of them he thought it was his favorite sweet potatoes,when none of them turned out to be,he started banging his bowl up and down and tried to push it off the top of his cage. I told him NO and he quits. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts