Pseudomonas in young Sun Conure

Aplanis

Jan 5, 2018
Hello

I just posted in the new member section earlier today to introduce myself and my new Sun Conure named Roux. I got it in September last year. It's about nine months old.

I took it to an exotic vet nearby last November and had it tested. Everything was fine. Just put on a probiotic.

But found an exclusive avian certified vet not far away and took Roux there. I had it DNA sexed so he is a she [emoji4] I've got to start using the right pronoun now lol

But also told culture was positive for Pseudomonas. Roux was put on amikacin injections for ten days. I've been nervous but on day four. Was also given an antifungal to put in the water. I ordered the same probiotic as before off Amazon and started that yesterday.

Anyway Roux is the sweetest bird. She screams for me when I walk out of the room which is sweet. Always wants to be on my shoulder. Flies (rather flaps down to me as she's clipped) from her perch near the patio door to me on the sofa.

I love this lil bundle of feathers. She takes showers with me, naps tucked under my neck or near my neck. She's also going through molting starting to get her adult colors.

Had anyone else had experience with this infection or giving this antibiotic?

1fa09b95bca96d9defdaab0e6f004eab.jpg
781a2164d6553c03485b04d79b25dcd2.jpg
99ecb72110a42fc5b5a2423d089cde60.jpg
a2ecab76735b4ade704d023cc63b3dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most Reactions