Quakers and alarm clocks

fredric14

Nov 3, 2010
Parrots
Quaker - Keeta
Hey guys! New to the forum. Couldn't find this topic anywhere so I figured I'll ask it. I just bought an 8 week old quaker today. The only real place I can keep it is in my bedroom. I plan on taking it out of the cage for most of the day so it can still be around the house. The reason why I can;t have it anywhere else is the only 2 other places would be my kitchen and my living room. I know non-stick fumes are toxic to birds so that's why it wont be there. And my whole family smokes, especially in the living room and I don't want it breathing in second hand smoke. My room never gets smoked in, and it's very dark and quiet at night so it's good for sleep. My concern is my alarm clock. I usually put him to bed around 8 and I get up at 8. My only concern is if my alarm clock will scare him when it goes off in the morning? It's pretty loud and I don't wanna scare him at all! Any help would be amazingly appreciated! Thanks!:D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to our wonderful friendly forum Congrat's with your new fid.
So glad you are aware of what is dangerous for your bird in the kitchen, as as well as the secondary smoke.
As for the alarm clock, it sounds like you are unable to make it softer.
A suggestion, assuming you have a cell phone, use the alarm application.
Most give you the option of choosing a melody or sound, and adjusting the volume.

Mishka my AG of 3 years, sleeps in my bedroom, she is my automatic alarm clock. Every morning at 4.30am she starts off saying Mom Mommy I love you, then continues chatting away for 30 minutes.

Please send some pic's of your quaker, have you chosen a name yet?
Enjoy yourself on the forum, much to share and learn
Hope this was helpful

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts