question about pellets

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
If/when I get a quaker I would like to know which pellet variety to get I know some places call quakers parakeets and reccommend parakeet pellets and others call them parrots and reccommend parrot pellets. Any one have any perferance as to which to feed?​

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Small Parrot/Conure sized pellets would be the one your looking for....its inbetween cockatiel and large parrot.

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
I got my pellets off of drsfostersmith.com. Pretty good company. I bought the daily roundybush pellet diet for my parrotlet. They also have any variety from finches all the way up to macaws. I'd recommend small conure size.

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
I got my pellets off of drsfostersmith.com. Pretty good company. I bought the daily roundybush pellet diet for my parrotlet. They also have any variety from finches all the way up to macaws. I'd recommend small conure size.

Apparently you did not read the post. I already know what brand and where to get pellets that was not the question.

Ok, thank you bobby I will get small parrot/conure pellets whenever I get a bird.

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Go with the size Bobby's suggested.

Also add, I've notices many pellet brands have the same recipes for the different pellet sizes (you need to check). I have heard of many people feeding large parrots small pellets and small parrots large pellets, simply because the parrot preferred the different size. Just something to think about if you have trouble feeding the pellets. I'm currently feeding my Ekkie some cockatiel size pellets as he didn't like the large ones.

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Ok i will look into that. I will definatly go with what bobby suggested.

Most Reactions

Latest posts