Question on Screaming...

charliebrown

Jan 7, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Parrots
Charlie Brown- SI Eclectus, RIP. Oliver aka Ollie - Vosmaeri Eclectus
So Oliver screams pretty much all the time but the screams seem a lot more intense when his food bowl is empty.... Can feeding him when he screams around breakfast and dinner time reinforce the screaming behavior? And does anyone leave pellets or some other snack item that won't spoil in their birds cage all day? I have a skewer that I put corn on the cob and bell pepper on and a hanging basket thing that I put spinach and other greens in which he ignores but he just always seems to be hungry and I think his hungry is the reason for his screaming.

He gets a half cup of fresh fruits and veggies in the morning and like I said above hanging items in his cage for later and another half cup to two thirds of a cup at night of fresh fruits and veggies and some pellets.... Is this enough or should I be feeding him more? And should I feed him three times a day?

mygirl

Banned
Banned
Oct 4, 2010
Parrots
Female Eclectus
you are going to have to be carefull that you arn't rewarding his screaming its going to be hard but if he screams then you feed him its just going to keep on happening

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
When screams are you out of the room?

Abby will scream when I am out of the room and she can hear me....

OP
charliebrown

charliebrown

Jan 7, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Parrots
Charlie Brown- SI Eclectus, RIP. Oliver aka Ollie - Vosmaeri Eclectus
He screams all the time unless his head is in his food bowl.... doesn't matter if we are in the room or out of the room. It's been extremely difficult to deal with lately. I have increased his food and I'm leaving pellets in his cage. He is extremely underweight so I don't think I should be overly concerned about over feeding him right now. I don't like giving him so much pellet wise but I don't want to leave fresh fruit and veggies in his cage to spoil before he eats them.

Most Reactions