Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
IMG_6138.jpeg

Front view

IMG_6139.jpeg

Side view

IMG_6140.jpeg

And the queen of sass!

Thoughts? Also, for anyone concerned about how a majority of toys are plastic, yes, she does seem to prefer plastic toys over wood. She enjoys smashing them around, beaking them, Climbing on them, etc. as opposed to Rico, who won’t even look at them. But she does have some paper/wood toys, in case she does want to shred something.

and yes, her cage is much smaller than I would like, but she is let out for several hours each day, so the size is fine ;)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
MORE STICKERS!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Also what about the tiel? MORE STICKERS!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
View attachment 54765

Front view

View attachment 54766

Side view

View attachment 54767
And the queen of sass!

Thoughts? Also, for anyone concerned about how a majority of toys are plastic, yes, she does seem to prefer plastic toys over wood. She enjoys smashing them around, beaking them, Climbing on them, etc. as opposed to Rico, who won’t even look at them. But she does have some paper/wood toys, in case she does want to shred something.

and yes, her cage is much smaller than I would like, but she is let out for several hours each day, so the size is fine ;)
I like the lights and stars! She's a small budgie and as long as she gets out daily her cage isn't too small. She looks so pretty in it.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Also what about the tiel? MORE STICKERS!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rico’s cage is going to be rearranged tomorrow, since his setup is a little barren, atm, and not as full as it should be. But, in my defense, it was 4:00 AM and I had just rearranged my room for 6 hours. He seems to enjoy the extra space. Also, I’m having severe impulse to buy another cage. A bigger, better one. Obv I’m not gonna, but I reaaaaaaaally want to…

YES. NEEDS MORE STICKERS!!!! I’m planning on ordering some soon, with the 200$ my grandma plans to give me (long story short, skrrrrt crash, oops, insurancey stuff, and she’s giving me 200$? Idk, but she’s a cool grandma, so it’s not too out of character.) but not too many, since I want to save that money for the future.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I like the lights and stars! She's a small budgie and as long as she gets out daily her cage isn't too small. She looks so pretty in it.
Thank you! I kinda stole the lights from one of the four the Christmas tubs we have in the shed, and I’ve never taken them down, nor wanted to put them back 🤭 cricket absolutely loved them! They illuminate her cage, since the curtains kind of block some sun still, when put up. And it adds more color to the rainbow murder scene that is my room.

Yeppers! She is also able to control her flight better, and is on the edge of zooming around my room! She LOVES flying as much as Rico does! Sadly, she will never be introduced to the living room, as she is far too small, and could get stuck in places that Rico can’t.

She really does! The red, white, and yellow mesh together so well and it all fits in with my horrifically colorful room! Well, lemme rephrase that….
It fits in beautifully with my rainbow room! Boom!

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Nice! Yeah, my Quaker parrot prefers plastic toys too even though I would prefer the more natural look of wood toys. Oh well, to each their own! I like that you don’t have the cage crowded with stuff; sometimes I see pictures of cages that are just packed with dozens of toys and perches. That’s okay for more of a climbing bird but budgies like to fly! Do you have ( or have you considered ) a nail trimming perch? I have one for each of my birdcages and I love them! The one for the budgies is made of wood so it’s still natural. The top is smooth wood, but the sides have a rough, sandpaper- like surface to help wear down their nails. Cricket is so cute and sassy and I really like the style of cage you got for her!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Nice! Yeah, my Quaker parrot prefers plastic toys too even though I would prefer the more natural look of wood toys. Oh well, to each their own! I like that you don’t have the cage crowded with stuff; sometimes I see pictures of cages that are just packed with dozens of toys and perches. That’s okay for more of a climbing bird but budgies like to fly! Do you have ( or have you considered ) a nail trimming perch? I have one for each of my birdcages and I love them! The one for the budgies is made of wood so it’s still natural. The top is smooth wood, but the sides have a rough, sandpaper- like surface to help wear down their nails. Cricket is so cute and sassy and I really like the style of cage you got for her!
Yeah, I’m sure it’s common in parakeet species for them to like plastic toys (I’ve seen many conures, Quakers, and budgies who prefer plastic, but obviously not all do), which is kinda interesting.

Yeah, I’ve seen cages like that. I don’t like how it looks, and the birds that aren’t climbers probably don’t like the crowding either. Cant say for sure, because, what’re they gonna do, say “yo, this is too crowded. Gimme more space.”?

Nope, I don’t have one. I have considered one, but it doesn’t seem worth it. I read and hear people say that it doesn’t do much, especially if it’s not their favorite perch. I looked into Sweet Feet and Beak, but I opted out.

She really is! I never knew a bird could have more sass than Rico! And he’s a sassypants! If she could talk, I’d guarantee she’d say “whateva! Whateva! I do what I want!” Like Eric Cartman lol

And thank you! I like it too, and so does cricket. She can hang upside down without slipping, she can flutter across the cage, flap her wings, climb everwhere, and she has enough space to do her usual activities!

Most Reactions

Latest posts