Recent Photos

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
My carpet python. I think this is the first time you guys will have seen this guy but I've had him for a little while now.

This is what a snake in blue looks like. Super dull with cloudy eyes.

Platinum male is coloring up nicely with this silver color going on.

The very expensive platinum girl...she still needs to go through a color change!

The striped bloodred the original culprit of my renewed snake obsession!

Motley girl looking good as always!

White sided guy.

Dwarf boas turning out to have nice personalities.

I'm not sure how he stuffs his big butt into these paper towel rolls but he loves them.

And if you ever thought snakes were ugly slimy creatures I introduce you to this beautiful girl and yes that is purple you are seeing!

So I am actually selling a few snakes if anyone knows someone that would be interested in a kingsnake or woma python let me know!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
What a great collection Riddick . In my 20's my brother and I had a collection of just over a hundred snakes. Mostly boas and pythons, but we a few rattle snakes and the odd domestic. Yours is more twords the rare i think. How are you feeding? Fresh or frozen? We had so many the bill buying rats and mice was getting steep, so we contacted The the local university's bio department and would get all the control rats and mice from the lab for free. You might do the same.
I have a few funny snake stories if you would like to hear them sometime. Beautiful collection you have.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
You know how much I love your snake pics and drool over your gorgeous snake collection :D. The one in the last pic is out of this world BEAUTUFL!!! I can't get over how "eye candy" she is :11:.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Cool. I keep a green tree python, 2 boas, and a tegu.

I've always loved the green trees but their care sounds a little much with the humidity for me. I love tegus! I'll probably never own one unless I live with someone that would deal with feeding it all the time though lol

What a great collection Riddick . In my 20's my brother and I had a collection of just over a hundred snakes. Mostly boas and pythons, but we a few rattle snakes and the odd domestic. Yours is more twords the rare i think. How are you feeding? Fresh or frozen? We had so many the bill buying rats and mice was getting steep, so we contacted The the local university's bio department and would get all the control rats and mice from the lab for free. You might do the same.
I have a few funny snake stories if you would like to hear them sometime. Beautiful collection you have.

Thanks! I'm not sure about the rare part, though a few aren't as common, but I do like quality:) I won't be able to add anything anymore after this girl and my new boa come in. I've run out of space that I can comfortably keep more (I might be able to squeeze in one more boa but it would be tight I think). I have some space left but I'm working on breeding my beauty snakes so the space is reserved for babies and hold backs. Plus, I have space reserved for the macaw I want to bring home too:D

Everyone eats frozen except for the one ball python who is stubbornly refusing to eat anything at all. I think at my number I'm still in the affordable range but depending on how big the new girl gets I might need to look for some farms that sell off animals. She comes from a line that stays on the small side though so I should be alright but you never know of course. Her mother is only 12ft long and dad while still growing was only at 6ft. If she exceeds 15ft I think both the breeder and me will honestly be surprised lol.

I'm all for funny stories:D

You know how much I love your snake pics and drool over your gorgeous snake collection :D. The one in the last pic is out of this world BEAUTUFL!!! I can't get over how "eye candy" she is :11:.

Isn't she unbelievably gorgeous! She is also supposed to be very nice and easily handleable. Apparently at the local show she turned into the mascot for his table since everyone wanted to hold her lol. I honestly have been wavering on if I should really get a big one with not having a stable job right now but I couldn't ask for a better deal....a beautiful snake, generally small line, and great temperament!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Funny stories..OK riddick, you asked for it.
We used to take our largest rock python, George, out drinking. George was a 15 foot rock python, totally tame. We would walk into a bar and dump George out of his potato sack onto the bar. After the pandemonium settled down, we would announce that we were out drinking with our buddy and who wants to buy him drink? Well,snakes will not touch alchohol, so if some one bought him a shot of rum,he would ignore it. One of us would hook it down, and say 'maybe he is drinking tequila tonight'. This would go on for awhile, we'd pack him up and head to the next bar. That's story number 1.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Story 2
We had a large collection of rock pythons. Large as in 19. We attempting to breed. Anyway when it came time to sell them off, we only had one left. This was Smegma. If you know what that is, well that was like his personnality. This was the absolute meanest snake we had. Throwing a rat into his tank was always chancey, because he would strike at your hand. And he was fast too. So we get a call about selling pythons, and we said we have one left. Now at the time we had them all in my basement studio appt, and it's around January. We turned off the heat a few hours before this guy is supposed to come over. Snakes get really lethargic and slow when they are cold. Turned off the tank heaters too. The guy shows up and what do you know! Smegma is just docile. The guy buys him, and we ask about the snakes future. He said he is in a punk bad and they want the lead singer to wear the snake on him. On stage. Under stage lighting. Hot hot stage lighting. But a sale is a sale. After he left, my brother and I couldn't stop laughing at the thought of what was going to happen. But the guy never called us back , so who knows.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Story, the third.
My mom was terrified of snakes. Bonkers, screaming, terrified . But to her credit she allowed us to keep them. As long as she did not see it.
We 3 brothers we still living in my parents house. The snake was George, from above story, but he was only 10 foot long then. Mike and I were out partying one nite, and we check the tank on the way to bed , around 2 am. George is gone. Holy mother of God, if my mom finds him we are major toast. So drunk and staggering, we proceed to basically tear the house apart. First floor..no George. Basement, no George. Oh crap, second floor is the bedrooms. We QUIETLY check our rooms. No George. We woke our little brother up, and checked his room and still no George. Major crap. We realize he must be in my parents bed room. So we super quietly sneak in there and on pins and needles check their room. No George. Except as I am leaving, I find him. George is coiled up under my mom's pillow and between the bed and the head board. We close their door. By now both of us are stone cold sober. And freaking out. If she finds him in her bed, she will have a heart attack,no doubt of it. Should we shout FIRE and get my mom and dad out of there quickly?
We ask my little brother if he would start crying to my mom, to get her out of bed? He refused. CRAP ! We wound up taking turns all nite , peeking to see if George had moved, hour by hour. At last our mom got up, we rushed in and grabbed George and put him back in his tank.
We never ever told our mom this story, but it was well known in the family that we almost killed her one night.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Motley girl remains my favorite. What can I say but that I love the polka dots. :) Thanks for sharing pictures of snakes the snake-less among us would otherwise never see.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thank you for sharing your beautiful snakes with us, Victoria. Wonderful photos. I can't choose a favorite, I like the fellow in the paper towel tube, and the platinums, and the dwarf boas.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
He really does ALLEE. As the former Director of the New York Herpetological Institute, I know these are very nice examples.
Nice, Riddick,

Most Reactions

Latest posts