Recommended toys?

Etienette

Mar 30, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Mink (♂ GCC)
Hey guys, coming at you all with another question!

Recently, my little Mink finally destroyed one of his toys - which I knew was going to happen sooner than later. He still has quite enough toys to keep him entertained, but I am wondering now - what toys do you all prefer? Mink is a young GCC, so I would love to know what you guys would recommend for a bird his size.

As a side note, he -loves- to untie things. If he sees a knot, he'll spend hours and hours trying to untie it! But overall, he seems to enjoy almost anything that he can get his little beak and feet on. He's a bit weary around jingly balls, but has accepted a few that he loves to pick up and toss around.

Thank you to anyone who leaves feedback! :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
One of my quakers loves to untie knots, one of his favorite toys has several leather strips, he unties them and I tie them back.

Most birds have toy preferences, some like shreddable toys, some like soft wood blocks. One of my birds really loves toys with plastic link chains. You can find some great toy ideas by looking online. Have fun.

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Pazu - Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Date ~27 September 2014~
My green cheek like noisey things and things he can tear apart (and chewing fabric but he only really does that when he's out). I got him a toy perch, i think it was called a busy perch? i'll probably get him another because he seemed to love tearing into it. and he's still making his way through it after 5 months.
Found a link (uk website but i'm sure you could find or make this)
Busy Birdie Play Perch for Parrots
The perch it came with wasn't very nice so I stuck a different one though it (the back is separate from the perch luckily).
I got him a couple of budgie toys (they go in the cage occasionally and not for more than a week or 2 as they're a thinner plastic), they clip to the side of his cage and he can get a bit angry with them, "they're making noise and offending me! i must spin it so I make it make noise!", least thats how he looks.
I use his travel cage as a play stand and clip his budgie toys to it so he can play with them but supervised. I'v stuck an apple branch in it and put a load of flexi perch on it to make it large and interesting. I use this to introduce new toys to him so he gets over the fear. I also cut the necks off a few old shirt (not specifically for the pazu) and looped them on the perches.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts