Red

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
He looks so nice and sweet. I always feel like I'm tricking people with these photos. Don't be fooled he is just as demonic as my Amazon:46:
Sqy23eF.jpg

NQFfO4F.jpg

X5nekcw.jpg

0XivHtf.jpg

P0IEBO9.jpg

ut0fR4w.jpg

5BXVl6Y.jpg

waULRPe.jpg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Breathtaking.

Clearly an angel, though... too bad you say such things about her. :33:

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Breathtaking.

Clearly an angel, though... too bad you say such things about her. :33:

Lol he is much better but throws tantrums easily still. And with other people it's about 50:50 right now if he is going to be good for them or bad. I think everyone else still uses a towel with him or perch to get him to step up. Though the perch doesn't always work because he will attack it instead of stepping up if he wants to be difficult that day. Handing him food is usually okay with other people but it can be iffy and he is wicked fast. Kind of like a snake waiting to ambush unsuspecting prey:eek:

He is really good for me and I don't really worry about him anymore. The most he has given me is a pressure bit. But he will throw a nice little tantrum if I play with other macaws or when I put him back or when other people he doesn't like talk to him and then I try to talk to him...like its my fault the annoying people talked to him. His tantrums involve biting everything around him not screaming lol

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well, the Rbird and I have come to a pretty easy solution. He just "be's himself" and I cope with it. So you can see: I talk a good game sometimes, but I'm just his hen.

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
My scarlet macaw just pulverized half a 5 foot long, 4 inch diameter stick within the last 8 hours. They can be bratty when they want to be.

My macaw misbehaves just as much as my amazon as well, for the record. She just goes about it in a different way.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Did Victoria ever share the full story about Red and how they became friends??

Red is not bratty... There are two macaws in the rescue building that are feared by most everyone and downright dangerous to the point that handling them was pretty much restricted to the shelter owners just for liability reasons. One is Terry, who is another Scarlet and Terry is so stinking smart and vicious, she will step up on a towel, then move that towel and start tearing chunks of flesh. That other one is Red....

Victoria has become the third person involved with AHW that is allowed to pretty much handle any bird, she is another bird wrangler after spending so much time with Jeanne :) Volunteers needing to clean Red's cage needed helping with removing him because when cleaning his cage, let's just say he'll find a way to get to you.... So, one Saturday a long, long time volunteer called Victoria over to wrangle Red out of the cage so it could be thoroughly cleaned (wipe down complete, not just routine cage cleaning). And Red stepped up for her (I think he realized there was fellow evil in his presence), and they stood there and made fun of Chris while he worked. That became a bit of a routine, so let's just say the two bonded over being bullies and evil :)

I joke that Victoria is forming the Legion of Evil Minions. Red will be bird #3 that no one else can deal with or interact with and not worry about bleeding... the photos are very deceptive, tho he is extremely fond of Victoria, so he is sweet and wonderful for her (most of the time), but he's not a bird to be trusted by much of anyone else.

Yeah, can't wait til that one comes home...

Most Reactions

Latest posts