Rehoming 1yr old hen Panama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I wonder if my Sally would see her as a buddy bird, or a rival?!

I have watched these videos about a dozen times now.

She is exceptional! And she'd probably fit right in with my flock...

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Never met a panama who didn't get along with other birds. Especially the hens.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
PLEASE PLEASE take him . So I can stop trying to figure a way to get him .
JK My house is really to small

Last edited:

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
Let me know Mark. I can pick her up on the way back from Key West around the 22nd.

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
OK, last one ,unless someone begs for another. She's not a velco bird and can entertain herself.
[ame="https://youtu.be/6B5r2UxLVQQ"]kiwi 012 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Never met a panama who didn't get along with other birds. Especially the hens.

Well frankly Panamas, Mealies and lilac crowns are probably the most docile of the bunch...

I don't really recall ever having to deal with an aggressive Panama...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Oooh my.the more I see these videos the more I also am trying to figure out a way to make it work if I brought her home ..lol
Pure evil indeed :)

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
You're only 45 minutes up the road.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Very very tempting..I might just drop by on my day off,would you mind if I brought sissy? I would love to see how she does around other birds..I mean she was around birds from what I was told but no one was allowed out of their cages.

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Pm me. She's over at the ex, s house. Quarantine , really don't like new birds around my flock. I'm sure it's no big deal for you to visit.

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
I understand you wanting to bring your bird. I don't want it around my flock, however Kiwi is quarantined at the ex's house. So it's up to her if your bird is cool. I'm sure it's not a big deal but not completely up to me.I'll be sure to check and see.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Omg good thing I have my Chiqui!!!!

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
If anyone is interested,,, let me know what pellets you feed and i'll get her some. She's eating several different brands right now so switching her should not be an issue.

OP
henpecked

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Kiwi helping Josie put up some toys. Kiwi's owner were very thoughtful and sent a box full of toys for her. Kiwi (kiwi wiwi as she calls herself) loves to play with toys.
[ame="https://youtu.be/HxIAczt3haU"]kiwi 011 - YouTube[/ame]

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
ME TOO!!! My MBS is showing...

I'LL TAKE HER! :D My phone is charging, but I'll call you in an hour or so.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!? Hahaha! Nice!

You never had a chance, did you? Resistance was futile.

I'm so glad that she'll be going to a great home! That is one sweetheart of a bird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions