Rehoming GCC in Saint Louis

Greg2804

Dec 6, 2023
Parrots
GCC
Hello -

I have a 4 1/2 year old GCC I unfortunately need to rehome. My daughter has developed a significant anxiety disorder and the noise our bird makes absolutely sends her into a panic - to the point of hysterical crying. I love my bird so much but we can’t seem to find a solution to this problem and my daughter is miserable.

I am beyond sick with worry about what will happen to him. I am working with a well regarded rescue, but they have a pretty long wait list - and while I know they will do their very best to find him a good home, I know that once I hand him over the situation is totally out of my control.

I would be interested in talking to experienced bird owners who might be interested in being his new home. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG_6544.jpeg
    IMG_6544.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 10

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Rescues (if they are real and legitimate ) are one of the best ways to assure that. Make sure they are legit though, and not some hoarder with a good line of bull shirt.

You can try to get leads by working with your vet, local pet shop or even ads on Craigs list and other local social media sites, but these really need a lot of effort to make sure he is going to a great home.

OP
G

Greg2804

Dec 6, 2023
Parrots
GCC
Rescues (if they are real and legitimate ) are one of the best ways to assure that. Make sure they are legit though, and not some hoarder with a good line of bull shirt.

You can try to get leads by working with your vet, local pet shop or even ads on Craigs list and other local social media sites, but these really need a lot of effort to make sure he is going to a great home.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, our main avian rescue here in Saint Louis is very well-know and respected. I guess that probably is the best way to go. I'm just having a hard time with this in general, I guess.

Most Reactions

Latest posts