Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh no! I'm so so sorry. My sincerest condolences, my friend. Please take at least a little comfort in knowing you did the very best for your sweet Comet, and that he knew how very much he was loved. He was blessed to have found you. It's so special when you find that special one, your "heart bird", but the other side of that is the emptiness and pain when you lose them. How long they've been with you is irrelevant, that connection is there, and you just know.

You're an amazing parront, and I hope that sometime in the future your heart will make room for another bird who'll be lucky enough to have you. Everyone is different, so it's for you to know if or when you're ready. When that time comes, we're here for you. If it is doesn't, we're still here for you if ever there's anything we can do.

Fly free, little Comet. Until we all meet again at the rainbow bridge.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
In my very humble opinion there are few things more heartbreaking than watching the life drain away from a precious little bird - all the more so when it is one so young like Comet. That he knew more love and care in his short life than some do in many years is probably little comfort to you right now, but you did a wonderful thing in fighting so hard for him and loving him so very much. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Comet, you will never be forgotten.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry, please accept my deepest condolences for your loss of Comet. Nothing prepares for the final act of kindness, knowing it brings sorrow and grief. Please know the process is meandering, in time you will recall Comet's precious memories with more fondness than sadness.

Most Reactions

Latest posts