RIP Chuckie

ballparkpeanuts

Aug 10, 2011
I was not a member of this forum but I would like to share this with a community that might understand what I am going through.

My Amazon Mealy/Yellow Crown Parrot was found past away this mourning. Chuckie began not eating late last night and I made the decision to wait until the mourning to take him to vet..... I wish I didnt do that now

I just cant understand what could have happend. It happend so fast.

Chuckie was born Thankgiving day in 1978. He was 33 years old. I am a Police Officer and I see death all the time but to see my bird gone has broken me down.

Thank you all for giving me the oppurtunity to share.

Fishen003.jpg

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
i'm sorry for your loss *big cyber hug to you* chuckie will forever be in your heart xxx

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey Peanuts,sorry to hear of Chuckie,i have a YN who is 41 and i don't what i'd do with out her,i'm not sure i'd want to out live her though.I feel for you as i can't imagine losing my Jake.:smile016:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Its always horrible losing a pet, even more so when you've had so long to bond with them. Noone understands why it feels like your hearts been torn as they just see 'just a bird'. RIP Chuckie, he'll be flying high now.

You're more than welcome to share how you feel on here, I'm sure most of us have suffered a loss like this. Do not blame yourself, it will eat you up, my Wonsys death still does. You wern't to know he wouldn't make the night. I hope you come to peace with this asap. xox

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
Gus - Yellow Collared Macaw
Very, very sorry for your loss. I believe there is a special place in heaven for our beloved animal companions, so I hope that will give you some peace. They can never be replaced - cherish the wonderful memories forever.

And thank you for your service - I hope you adopt another feathered friend when the time is right

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
he looks such a happy, fun an loving bird and i am so sorry for your loss, do not feel if you had taken him to the vet on the night, things would have been different

please feel free to tell us about the memories you have of chuckie

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
You have my sympathy for your loss. Only a bird lover knows the attachment we have to our feather babies, and the horrible pain of losing one. Hold memories close to your heart.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So sorry for your loss, I feel your pain and share your loss, having lost 3 birds in the years that have passed. You have wonderful memories of Chuckie, never to be forgotten, always in your heart.
Be strong, we are all here for you............
Fly free Chuckie

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
I feel your pain, I hope you can recover from this, I may not own a bird but I know how it feels to loose a friend.

Netty

Jul 30, 2011
GTA ontario
Parrots
none yet. have owned avians in the past
I am so sorry for your loss i know how it feels to loose a fid :(

Just a thought, when i lost my birds i would plant a tree for them after i lost my heart bird (brain damaged love bird) i bought and released 100 monarch butterflies in memory of her. Just something to think about that you could do to help pick you up.

It's hard but think of all the good times you shared together and how luck you were to have each other in your lives.

Hopefully you will be back on your feet soon and ready to give another feathered baby a home.

mele

Jul 26, 2011
California
Parrots
Lotty- Umbrella Cockatoo,
Scarlet- Scarlet Macaw,
Paco- Lilac Amazon, Josh-blue front amazon
Its hard after the loss of a beloved friend. My thoughts are with you.

JensFlock

Jul 31, 2011
South Carolina
Parrots
Eclectus,
Blue Crowned Conure,
Quaker,
Lineolated Parakeet,
Diamond Dove,
Star Finch,
Spice Finch
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about Chuckie. (((((HUGS))))) to you.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
So sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved parrot is heartbreaking, as many of us here do understand. You and Chuckie are in my thoughts and prayers.

MrBackpack

Aug 12, 2011
Parrots
CAG - Bobby 07-14
I didn't write this, but it usually makes me feel better when a pet dies:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Most Reactions

Latest posts