Rita goes to Drive Thru

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
I decided to take Rita with me the other day when I went to grab a bite to eat from a local healthy restaurant. As we get in the car Rita gets super excited looking around, and bobbing. So we leave she got a little nervous at first with the car moving then was back to having a good time. I turned on the stereo, and she started dancing while we were going down the road. There was actually people pacing me on the road to see her lol. Now mind you before I continue the story I will say Rita sounds like an old lady when she talks. Her voice is just funny. So we people up to the drive thru. The person says Hi which made Rita jump, and she looked at the box confused. Then I started to order. As the girl taking my order was trying to talk Rita kept yelling "What?" "Whhhaaatttt?" which I couldn't help but laugh. They were shocked when I pulled around to the window, and the girl looked down and Rita was looking back at her lol.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
You'll have to train her to give your order for you.... :D Did you share your meal with her?

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
No none of our flock really seem to like the new cardio diet I am on since the stroke so they don't take my food. Rita actually got mad I put a Green Bean in her food bowl yesterday, and Phoenix picked his up out of his bowl and threw it to the bottom of the cage. Lucy ate hers, but all 3 Goffins just dropped theirs into the bottom of their cages lol. Though they well share sweet bell peppers with me lol.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, that is too funny!
I would have loved to have seen the face of the person at the window when you pulled up..I bet they talked about Rita all day:)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Lol. Probably expected to see you drive around with great grandma in the passengers seat. I bet they were surprised to see beautiful Rita instead! I agree with Terry, the "guy with the parrot" was probably the talk of the restaurant staff for the rest of the day:)

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Our local Starbucks has a drive thru, and both Loki and Wingnut are regular customers. The people who work the window all are happy to give us a few extra wrapped straws with my iced coffee, because if they don't, Loki will just steal mine!

A long time back, when Loki and Bacci were out for a drive with us, we had a police officer pull out and speed up to catch us at a light....he saw the birds and wanted to know if they were real.

I love driving with them :)

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Before I had to give up fast food Auggie my GW would always say "got water?" when i'd try to give my order at the drive thru window.

Most Reactions