Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Hi All,
River is in a contest once again. If you have facebook and would like to vote for him, all you have to do is go to the wall for My Safe Bird Store, and where I posted his picture "like" his picture.

Top prize is $100 gift card plus a matching gift card to the rescue of the winners choice. Second and third prizes are $50 and $25 gift cards.

Thank you!

p.s. my name is Gretchen

Last edited:
OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
So far, River is in first place! :) The contest goes until Dec 23rd.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Voted, got some great pictures on that page. Love them all :D

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Gonna vote this morning when I get on facebook...good luck

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
River is still in the lead, but another birdie is quickly gaining on him. If anybody still wants to vote, you have to scroll down the page a bit to get to his picture. Thanks! :)

shesocalifornia

Dec 3, 2011
Media
Wyoming
Parrots
Blue and Gold Macaw
Goffins Cockatoo
Umbrella cockatoo
Moluccan cockatoo
Kai voted!
:blue1:

Attachments

• kai and dew.jpg
    kai and dew.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 82
OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
River won!!! :) His prize is a $100 gift certificate, plus I get to have one given to the rescue of my choice. Lovely Feathers Avian Rescue in Port Angeles, Washington! I'm am in the process of hopefully adopting an African Grey from this rescue, keep your fingers crossed for that! :)

as a side note, as a Twilight fan, I can't help but love that the rescue is in Port Angeles, WA

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
River won!!! :) His prize is a $100 gift certificate, plus I get to have one given to the rescue of my choice. Lovely Feathers Avian Rescue in Port Angeles, Washington! I'm am in the process of hopefully adopting an African Grey from this rescue, keep your fingers crossed for that! :)

as a side note, as a Twilight fan, I can't help but love that the rescue is in Port Angeles, WA

CONGRATULATIONS
Gretchen I knew he would win.....wow so proud of him. Please do post when he receives all his prizes, would love too see the pictures

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio

CONGRATULATIONS
Gretchen I knew he would win.....wow so proud of him. Please do post when he receives all his prizes, would love too see the pictures

I will be sure to share pictures! I'm already looking at the site for what I want to get him! :) A new bed, toys, some more toy making parts, treats...

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
Yay River! Congratulations! And good luck with the African Gray adoption! When do you expect that to be?

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Awww cute, congrats River :) & What a neat prize too! :D

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Yay River! Congratulations! And good luck with the African Gray adoption! When do you expect that to be?

Thanks everybody! I have River's list all made of what he wants to order with his gift certificate, just gotta get it put in.

I got a message today from the woman that runs the rescue. She said next week she will get things set up. She has to find somebody to do a home visit. She's all the way on the other side of the country from me, but ships birds. She knows people in different places that will do home visits for her.

I'm pretty sure she already approves of me. She told me a couple weeks ago, I could go ahead and order my cage (the one I wanted was on sale), and in the message today she told me I will be a grey mom soon! :) The cage arrived today, so it makes it more exciting staring at the giant box in the other room! (I don't want to put it together just yet, in case something were to fall through with the adoption)

Once everything is for sure, I will post a thread telling everybody all about her! :) :)

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey

Thanks everybody! I have River's list all made of what he wants to order with his gift certificate, just gotta get it put in.

I got a message today from the woman that runs the rescue. She said next week she will get things set up. She has to find somebody to do a home visit. She's all the way on the other side of the country from me, but ships birds. She knows people in different places that will do home visits for her.

I'm pretty sure she already approves of me. She told me a couple weeks ago, I could go ahead and order my cage (the one I wanted was on sale), and in the message today she told me I will be a grey mom soon! :) The cage arrived today, so it makes it more exciting staring at the giant box in the other room! (I don't want to put it together just yet, in case something were to fall through with the adoption)

Once everything is for sure, I will post a thread telling everybody all about her! :) :)

That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about her!!!!

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Just placed River's order! Soon he will have a new bed, toys, and treats! :) psst.... if you search the site they have a bigger discount code for the next 12 hours to celebrate the holiday. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts