Ruby

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
This is Ruby my Gw . I like this picture :) She has been a amazing experience . My most untouchable bird yet !! Ive had her a couple years now . She is on the floor [mouthing each of my toes:p] Shes great now . Once I was able to handle her [she had to learn some manners!] . She was awful with any button I had on !!! She was quick too [even went after jeans] Shes well behaved girl now . Which makes me believe she was loved at one time [and remembers].
pinkbirdy-albums-more-birds-picture14776-dsc00032.jpg

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
They are so pretty. I just wish they weren't so BIG.

I met a scarlet yesterday that was tiny. I don't know the age of the bird but the beak on the bird was tiny. Made me want one...well I do anyway but I know they are too heavy for my arm...but oh I was tempted...and then she squawked. :D Reminded me of another reason I don't have the big ones. I have the mini ones.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Great job Terri :D! I admit though, I'm sure she'd have terrified me lol. I had a GW clamp down on my button on my shirt at a bird store and it was pretty scary... I had to just wait.... until the bird was ready to release.

With Ruby it shows what time and persistence can do though, I applaud you :).

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Great job Terri :D! I admit though, I'm sure she'd have terrified me lol. I had a GW clamp down on my button on my shirt at a bird store and it was pretty scary... I had to just wait.... until the bird was ready to release.

With Ruby it shows what time and persistence can do though, I applaud you :).
When I first brought her home [she had lived in a basement]. You should see the hole she had put in the couch [trying to get me :eek:]. Heck with the furniture I say :p The first time she decided she was coming to see me [and this sounds weird]. I was on the floor[we have wood floors]. She climbed down from her cage and was walking towards me. I was like "oh crap "is she coming to get me :eek: I was glad I had jeans on and not pajama pants:D She came over and stuck her head between my knees [I was kneeling ] and yelled MOO . Which echoed on my wood floors LOL She wanted her head pet [rest is history :D]

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
I admire each and every one of you who have rescued neglected/abused birds and have returned them to health and well-being through your dedication, patience and love.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Awww, thanks for sharing Ruby's story:) She's a beauty, and sounds like she is finally happy again! The first time she wanted her head scratched, when you say she said "moo" was it really a moo like a cow? That is hilarious!

(What is it with people sticking birds in basements, closets and/or dark and forgotten corners anyways? I would like to stick them (the human) in a basement, closet or dark and forgotten corner and see how they liked to live there!).

Last edited:

LaurenB

Oct 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure - Tiki //
Sun Conure - Nacho //
Indian Ringnecks - Kermit and Beaker
Ruby is BEAUTIFUL! Love the story about her saying 'Moo'! LMAO!

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
Awww, thanks for sharing Ruby's story:) She's a beauty, and sounds like she is finally happy again! The first time she wanted her head scratched, when you say she said "moo" was it really a moo like a cow? That is hilarious!

(What is it with people sticking birds in basements, closets and/or dark and forgotten corners anyways? I would like to stick them (the human) in a basement, closet or dark and forgotten corner and see how they liked to live there!).
Yep ,she sounded like a cow :p

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I've never met a mac that didn't like to snap buttons.

That bit about mooing cracked me up!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Ruby is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing her story! How could anyone put that beautiful girl in a dark, lonely basement? I'm glad she found a home and an amazing guardian.

Haha, I admit I have never heard any parrot Moo like a cow. I would have probably been attacked for laughing at her.

Most Reactions

Latest posts