Safe space heater for parrots

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I use one similar to the one shown above, But I fashoned a wire mesh kind of cover so my parrot cant land on the top
Exactly. Most heaters get hot- we just have to make sure our birds can't touch the hot parts. I like the oil filled ones because they are safe (despite getting hot). They can be expensive to run, however.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I was wondering if any heaters have coatings on them. Why do they have to coat so many things in toxic chemicals!? *sigh* We’ll, good to know; thanks SailBoat!
The manufacturers obviously don't design them to be safe for our birds' lungs! Safe for people and cats and dogs maybe but they don't think about birds. Same with cleaning products and scented air "fresheners". I wonder how many times our birds suddenly get sick and die and it's from a toxin from some product, not really a bird disease.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I was wondering if any heaters have coatings on them. Why do they have to coat so many things in toxic chemicals!? *sigh* We’ll, good to know; thanks SailBoat!
Sadly, because it is cheaper and are likely made is china where there is little oversight or concern.

Most Reactions

Latest posts