Winter time!

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Hi, everyone!
It starting to get cold where I live and I feel my conure is getting cold a friend suggested to put a cage cover over the cage to keep the warmth in. Usually I donā€™t cover his cage because my conure is in a separate room for bedtime where it is quiet and dark. I bought a cage cover on Amazon but I think he is still cold. Iā€™ve heard about small heaters for birds but to be honest Iā€™m afraid of using one. What do you do when itā€™s starts to get cold? Any tips? Product recommendations?
Thank you!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Depending on where you live, you might be ok if you simply move your cage away from any windows and turn up the heating a little bit. If your bird seems cold, you can try investing in a seagrass hut (this can be a hormonal trigger so be careful) or a bird heater which kind of attaches onto the cage bars. I've never used a heater because I've never needed one, but many members on here use and love them, and they're mostly safe. Just be careful of the wires if your bird likes climbing on the outside of its cage.

OP
Mango the Sun Conure
Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Depending on where you live, you might be ok if you simply move your cage away from any windows and turn up the heating a little bit. If your bird seems cold, you can try investing in a seagrass hut (this can be a hormonal trigger so be careful) or a bird heater which kind of attaches onto the cage bars. I've never used a heater because I've never needed one, but many members on here use and love them, and they're mostly safe. Just be careful of the wires if your bird likes climbing on the outside of its cage.
He isnā€™t near any windows but Iā€™ll try moving his cage around. He has a sea grass hut now but doesnā€™t go in it. He likes to sleep on top of it.. lol šŸ˜‚ I am cautious about buying the cage heater because he loves to chew on his toys. Thanks you for your input :)

Most Reactions