Safe weaning

Fyamma

Mar 15, 2020
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and I need some advice from those who are more experienced than me. I'd like to adopt a green cheeked conure, and I found a seller who has a two months old looking for a new home. I pretty much fell in love with the little fellow already, but I also read that weaning is a critical stage, the seller told me he/she needs to be fed twice a day but already started picking on seeds. I had a calopsite whom I adopted in his final stages of weaning, but by the second week he was already independent so: I have some experience but I am definitely not an expert. At two months is safe for me to try? Is the little one strong enough to stay away from is peers? Do I tell the seller I prefer waiting or I can take it with me safely?
Of course, I write on the assumption that I am more than willing to provide the little one with all the care they need, also because I am quarantined until further notice (I am Italian and the entire Country is on lockdown) so I have lots of free time :D
I just want to be sure the little one will be safe regardless! Apparently the seller keeps him in a cage by himself already because he has no one of its sibling left, so actually I think he/she may be happier with someone who focuses only on them, but I really don't want to mess it up...

Most Reactions