Same cage

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
No, I don't think the conure will breed with the budgie. :)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I would be more worried about it affecting their living. A conure could kill a budgie.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
My Grandmother has her GCC with a Parakeet and they're attached at the hip. Didn't work out for me, don't know what she managed to do!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
A breeding pair of budgies or any parrot should have their own cage... Birds get very defensive in breeding season, and if the budgies try to 'push' the conure, the conure could kill them...

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I would never ever take that chance of keeping the Conure in the same cage as the Budgie.
Birds are just like us humans, good days and bad days. If your Consure is having a bad day, and the Budgie irritates the Conure, it will be a tragic ending.

Would you be able to live with yourself, knowing you could have prevented it......

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I honestly wouldn't recommend housing conures and budgies together because a conure could seriously injure or kill a budgie. There are always exceptions, but I wouldn't recommend it in general.

That said, I've had budgies who honestly didn't care or one that *wanted* to be around a conure without physically interacting with him. He was one pissed off bird having to chase a little blue pest around his cage! Of course, I rehomed her (the budgie) for her own safety....

Smurf hiding away in Noel's cage, taking a break from his girls. They pretty much ignored each other. (excuse the messy looking cage!)

1b4372d2.jpg

Charlie and Normie. Normie (short for Normand, now[?] Indie) had an unhealthy fascination to being in Charlie's cage and would squeeze through his cage bars to go play with his toys, eat his food, drink his water, etc. Charlie was not in the least bit pleased and would chase her around the cage... only, she could easily escape him via flight while he was reduced to climbing and walking (although the cage is pretty large, still not large enough for him to fly in!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

I no longer keep budgies, as cute as they are.

Attachments

• Charlie&Normie01.jpg
    Charlie&Normie01.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Charlie&Normie02.jpg
    Charlie&Normie02.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 319

Most Reactions

Latest posts