Your birds funniest/weirdest habits?

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Hello all,

Fargo has recently got into some pretty weird yet funny habits lately, so i thought i would share, and see what your birds do :p

His funniest one is playing dead when he thinks he is in trouble, he will be sitting on his perch/ladder/rope near the window, and he will start chewing window or wood, and so i say 'Fargo!' and as I am getting up to go get him, he just drops upside down, and plays dead, like its a defence mechanism or something LOL :09:

tab_xo-albums-more-fargo-picture6073-img-3959.png

tab_xo-albums-more-fargo-picture6074-img-3960.png

His other one, is he LOVES eating his food kebab, on the OTHER side of his cage :20: He will eat it when he's locked in his cage, but if the doors are open, he will climb to the other side and eat it through the bars, and i have no idea why!!
You cant really see it well in this picture but:
tab_xo-albums-more-fargo-picture6075-img-3869.jpg

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Lol ! My budgies sleep in the weirdest places , they love going to sleep in my sleeves

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Bahahahahahahahahaha Fargo is getting more crazy by the minute, too much time with Audrey I say lol!!

I love these things, playing dead is just bloody adorable!!! And climbing to the other side of the cage to get the food hahahaha oh he's so silly!

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
when my hanhs macaw get excited and happy, she barks like a dog! i say woof, woof and she will be barking for 2 minutes lol! parrots are awesome!

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
When I leave my room, Con flys onto the curtains over the door and climbs down then starts tapping on the glass if I close the sliding door. Or is she's on my shoulder, she'll kiss me and I'll kiss her back then it turns into a game to see who can give the sneakiest kisses.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Oliver is deadly terrified of yellow, except he only eats hes yellow pellets!!! And he will only eat food cubed, not sliced or left plain. I have to cube blueberries for goodness sakes! :eek: Very, very, picky. But hey, at least he's eating his veggies and fruit! :p

Bella and Zora sleep one on top of the other. :eek: They've been doing this since I've got them, Bella on the bottom, squashed, and Zora leaning on top of her. :confused: Crazy girlies. :D

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
When I leave my room, Con flys onto the curtains over the door and climbs down then starts tapping on the glass if I close the sliding door. Or is she's on my shoulder, she'll kiss me and I'll kiss her back then it turns into a game to see who can give the sneakiest kisses.

Carlisle does the sneaky kisses thing with me too!!!! I thought it was just him, apparently not! LOL

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hello all,

Fargo has recently got into some pretty weird yet funny habits lately, so i thought i would share, and see what your birds do :p

His funniest one is playing dead when he thinks he is in trouble, he will be sitting on his perch/ladder/rope near the window, and he will start chewing window or wood, and so i say 'Fargo!' and as I am getting up to go get him, he just drops upside down, and plays dead, like its a defence mechanism or something LOL :09:

His other one, is he LOVES eating his food kebab, on the OTHER side of his cage :20: He will eat it when he's locked in his cage, but if the doors are open, he will climb to the other side and eat it through the bars, and i have no idea why!!
You cant really see it well in this picture but:

LoL Fargo is such a character, great entertainer
:grey:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Birds sure to have strange wonderful habits

After eating anything, Mishka sips some water

THEN chews the chain, and sucks it like a dummy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOp-LkO_y3E"]BEST TALKING PARROT IN THE WORLD MISHKA - Birdie Dummies Check this out !!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Tiki my red bellied loves to give kisses. She will be on your shoulder give you a big kiss on the lips and then give a wolf whistle. then she will reach further down while still on your shoulder with her belly against you ,turn her head to the top to kiss right under your lower lip. It is amazing that they can do a 180 like that. She is such a snuggle bunny:)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Rosie scratches her head on a perch, it's really cute

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOWKoLOiNRs&feature=share&list=UU5QPzcyW6sHN0OBkffHzk7A"]Rosie scratching her head - YouTube[/ame]

and she also flaps her wings while sideways and noise. This is a common trait in galahs, it makes me laugh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHBlSvzHu7g&feature=share&list=UU5QPzcyW6sHN0OBkffHzk7A"]Rosie's getting excited at night - YouTube[/ame]

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
cooper has some weird habit too.

when he wants attention he climb up on the wall of his cage and taps with his beak until we take him out

he hangs upside down next to his fruit skewer to eat.

when im on the computer next to his cage and stop talking to him he hangs upsidedown in the middle of his caege by one food and skwaks.

he is obsessed with chewing on finger nails. i havent clipped my nails in 2 weeks because of him!( just kiddingXD but he really doesn take [eices of your nail out lol)

Most Reactions

Latest posts