September '18 POTM Member's Choice Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanx Anansi!

This is very much a case of "Find the Birdie!"

Sludge was a teeny tiny purple crowned lorikeet. He loved everyone and everything, sometimes in a very physical sense. Here he is pictured just peeking out of his Dadda's sweater. Unfortunately Sludge is no longer with us but he certainly was a force of nature while he was! Enjoy him, we sure did! :)

21375d1537145907-september-18-potm-member-s-choice-contest-sludge-dadda.jpg

Attachments

• sludge&dadda.jpg
    sludge&dadda.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thanx Anansi!

Sludge was a teeny tiny purple crowned lorikeet. He loved everyone and everything, sometimes in a very physical sense. Here he is pictured just peeking out of his Dadda's sweater. Unfortunately Sludge is no longer with us but he certainly was a force of nature while he was! Enjoy him, we sure did! :)

Thank you so much for sharing Sludge with us, he was adorable. This is a wonderful pic of you both! I'm so sorry he has passed on.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thanx Anansi!

21375d1537145907-september-18-potm-member-s-choice-contest-sludge-dadda.jpg

You're welcome! And thank you for sharing little Sludge with us! This pic truly conveys his gentle and loving personality, as well as the love you had for him. I am so sorry for your loss.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanxalot guys. Sludge was supposedly my bird but he did like to share himself around, and he certainly did love his daddy. He was a fearless little thing too, once he almost got his toe severed by a broody, cranky cockatiel when he tried to interfere with her (infertile) eggs. We rushed him to the vet where he had a precautionary jab of anti-biotics, took him home, and he was straight back at that cockatiel! I think he thought he was so cute he could get away with anything, and he was almost right! :) This picture still makes me grin like an idiot every single time I see it.

BTW if you or anyone you know has any thoughts on my current problem child (feather pickin' Quaker!) have a look at the thread I started on that would you please. I've never had a picker before so am at a loss. Thank you!!

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanxalot guys. Sludge was supposedly my bird but he did like to share it around, and he certainly did love his daddy. He was a fearless little thing too, once he almost got his toe severed by a broody, cranky cockatiel when he tried to interfere with her (infertile) eggs. We rushed him to the vet where he had a precautionary jab of anti-biotics, took him home, and he was straight back at that cockatiel! I think he thought he was so cute he could get away with anything, and he was almost right! :) This picture still makes me grin like an idiot every single time I see it.

BTW if you or anyone you know has any thoughts on my current problem child (feather pickin' Quaker!) have a look at the thread I started on that would you please. I've never had a picker before so am at a loss. Thank you!!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Sludge with us.

*Left a comment on your picking Quaker thread*

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
LaManuka... something tells me that if I looked, even today, I'd see that little face hiding in your V-neck. And I bet you feel him there now and then. What a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
ParrotLover, you PERSIST in outdoing yourself every month!
Just adorable.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
LaManuka... something tells me that if I looked, even today, I'd see that little face hiding in your V-neck. And I bet you feel him there now and then. What a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Thanx Gail. That's long-suffering hubby's v-neck he's peeking out of :) You wouldn't guess it from that but he's supposed to be a big rough and tough policeman! With a heart of gold and a bundle of green fuzz in his sweater that is! :smile015:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
LaManuka, I THOUGHT you were a girl, but... I was rollin' with it.
That bird AND your ol' man are BOTH gorgeous, if I may say.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Indeed you may. Far too good for the likes of me in fact!

#totes_adorbz ❤️

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Here is my Entry.
Left to right. Skittles, Elvis, Opal, Jordan.
91125cae4f30cbad2e3a7fc653148fdd.jpg

You have to have THE most cooperative flock on this forum! Month after month they seem to just pose together for you as you take pics! It's uncanny!

And, as always, they are beautiful.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Lamanuka and parrotlover both wonderfully cute pictures!!! Awwwee

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Just about 4 days left, everyone! So keep those entries coming!!!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
27dd95956a4f37eb766ee48dafbfe48f.jpg

The brothers hanging in their cage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a beautiful duo! We can tell which one is the "pretty boy" of the two! All up in the mirror checking himself out! Lol! Love it!

eliholtman

Sep 13, 2017
Cincinnati
Parrots
Kiwi the 'keet
Yako the 'keet
27dd95956a4f37eb766ee48dafbfe48f.jpg

The brothers hanging in their cage

What a beautiful duo! We can tell which one is the "pretty boy" of the two! All up in the mirror checking himself out! Lol! Love it!

My dad constantly makes fun of him for being a narcissist lol!!!

And oh yeah, I’m making sure there isn’t any problems w the mirror like behavioral stuff or regurgitating to it lol

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Beautiful boys! One if my parakeets picks different toys and sings and dances to them ( just like they were a mirror or another parakeet) so I think a mirror is fine. Super cute babies!!!!

eliholtman

Sep 13, 2017
Cincinnati
Parrots
Kiwi the 'keet
Yako the 'keet
Beautiful boys! One if my parakeets picks different toys and sings and dances to them ( just like they were a mirror or another parakeet) so I think a mirror is fine. Super cute babies!!!!

c977c9cde38655223479f19667f8553a.jpg

They sure do like to think they’re handsome lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions