Serious question here...

bgriffin70

Feb 23, 2014
Okay, as funny as this one may sound, I'm sure every parrot owner has experienced some form of this.

If the wife and I are, let's say, becoming 'intimate' with one another; Green Bean does NOT care for that. She has bonded with me more than the wife, but she loves my wife as well. She just seems to know what's going on when 'gettin busy' and may start crying or even starts calling for "daddy." - talk about distracting! LOL You'd just have to hear her to believe it!

So... no sex in front of or in the room with the Beanie? Seems simple answer would be to cover her up or move her to another room, but late at night, she's always asleep. During the day, too many other distractions and just not enough time.

Thoughts ?????
and thank you:confused:

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Okay this is hilarious....but I do sympathise.
My poodle is the same, and he sleeps ON the bed.
Great contraception :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
...She just seems to know what's going on when 'gettin busy' and may start crying or even starts calling for "daddy."...

Well, you could take a page from Jeopardy's book and have Beanie say it in the form of a question. Throwing a well-placed "Who's your" up in there turns it from distraction to instant cheering section! Hahaha!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
It could be rather awkward if Beanie learned to imitate any late night noises made between the two of you.... especially if you have guests over! :eek:

Mallory

Jul 31, 2015
Media
Parrots
YNA hen "Greenleaf", Black Capped x Green Cheek Hybrid "Eva", CAG (hatched 1/1/2016), European Starling "Koda"
It could be rather awkward if Beanie learned to imitate any late night noises made between the two of you.... especially if you have guests over! :eek:

Oh my god that is the most hilarious and awful thought! Imagine explaining THAT one to your friends. I am so glad my birds have never cared about that certain "activity" although the dogs always decide to be way too obtrusive. I guess you just get used to it!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Oh my god that is the most hilarious and awful thought! Imagine explaining THAT one to your friends. I am so glad my birds have never cared about that certain "activity" although the dogs always decide to be way too obtrusive. I guess you just get used to it!

Okay, first of all... IT'S HAPPENED.

In fact, there was a parrot who happened to be "evidence" in a divorce case. He was the man's bird, and was kept in the bedroom. He inexplicably began moaning orgasmically in the WIFE'S VOICE while calling out another man's name... AND SHE WAS BUSTED!

SO, IT CAN AND DOES HAPPEN... ESPECIALLY WITH A BIRD THAT LOVES TO IMITATE NOISES. (NO WAY WOULD I EVER KEEP A CAG IN THE BEDROOM!)

Yeah, if it's that much of a problem, can you move the bird to another room?!

Mallory

Jul 31, 2015
Media
Parrots
YNA hen "Greenleaf", Black Capped x Green Cheek Hybrid "Eva", CAG (hatched 1/1/2016), European Starling "Koda"
Ugh...It's happened...I just witnessed it. I thought of this thread immediately. I was relaxing in the bathtub minding my own business and Greenleaf was quietly barking along with some neighbor's dog. She started doing her hysterical laugh...then went through some noises that were clearly a woman having a very *good* time. I died!! She went back to barking like nothing strange happened at all.

I needed a good laugh today. I guess she's no longer a family-friendly bird...she sure didn't pick it up from us though!

VolcanoBakemeat

Jan 30, 2016
with my bird
Parrots
BIG MIKE! He's a 10 year old green cheeked conure. Loves chewing shoelaces, stealing, long walks on the beach
my bird would yell "I'M BATMAN" over and over anytime he'd hear me doin it. I don't know what it meant. he never said it ever again.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
LOL! Made me think back years ago..A girl I was dating had an American Bulldog..anytime "Woofie" saw me and MaryAnn playing kissy face he'd run up to us barking and biting me or MaryAnn's leg :rolleyes: :p

Jim

Most Reactions