Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi there Wildheart, how was your night last night?
Riley' mom is so correct he is so lucky to have you
Ps... where is Dr Shabeer's room situated?
Keep us updated

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
It is such a joy to look at Sterretjie now without feeling pain! We get those muscles working constantly and I hope that the stiffness will soon be something of the past.

She is really a busy body, constantly trying everything out with her beak - nothing is safe anymore, especially the remotes! I received key-rings from a friend of mine in MA and I took the key-rings out and replaced it with peanuts. Sterretjie spends minutes trying to open the plastick containers and I close it everytime when she succeeds. I really need to get more complicated toy ideas. :D

Here is Dr. Shabeer's full address Antoinette:

Terrace Road Veterinary Hospital: 95 Terrace Road, Edenvale (Sebenza) Gauteng, South Africa
011 524-6011 / 076 977 5308 Terrace Vet | For the love of your animal

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
The world needs more people like the ones here. All the parrots thank you and your vet and the forum members.

Beeya

Jun 20, 2012
Im so sorry to hear about the leg. I just lost my lovebird and trust me i know the feeling of sleepless nights not knowing what to do. I always took my disabled lovebird Pin to the vet no matter what the world told me. I just feel so bad for thr bird you now have, i want to tell you by you taking in this bird your like an angle for him.
I would say you go option 2 bc then that way you can always see if its made a difference. To just have it cut off may always have you thinking. When my Pin was sick my vet told me to put her to sleep and i was so upset but my sister, mother and i said no! We wanted to try everything in our power. Pin had a massive overbite and later broke her leg which changed her life. Gosh life really changes when you have a pet. I was able to have 5 wonderful years with this bird.
But i wish you the best of luck hun.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
This thread is over two years old, you really shouldn't post on threads more than 4 months old especially regarding the health of someone's parrot because the matter has probably already been resolved.

Most Reactions