She let me scritch her <3

GreyNickels

Oct 4, 2015
NY
Parrots
Verdi - Green Cheek Conure
Pippi - Congo African Grey
I had a feeling she's been pining for some head scritches. She'll lean in, in typical grey fashion, but just as you're about to touch her, she stands up again. Tonight I brought her to the couch, and she settled on my knee... No closer, mind you heehee. And she let me rub her head for at least two minutes. I'm sure I just don't do it the same way "mommy" used to, but considering she's only been here 8 days, I'm pretty pleased :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 76

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Nice progress after only eight days! Look at that sweet face! Adorable photo! Thanks for sharing!

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Paco TAG 18 yrs ~&~ Peanut GCC 1 yr
Aww, that's so sweet! She looks so happy and content and I'm really glad to see that.

Paco also let me touch him for the first time yesterday afternoon and boy was it rewarding! But he didn't look nearly so relaxed and happy about it as your Pippi does, great job!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
That is awesome! Especially after only 8 days. Grey's can be standoffish when it comes to touch. This is a huge sign of trust. Congrats!

Most Reactions

Latest posts