She stinks!!!!!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
My Sun conure always has a nice, sweet smell to him. It's probably from what he eats. He also doesn't bathe in "soup" like my Dusky does. Kayak always smells like gross, dirty, disgusting old water. I'm constantly changing her water and she still insists on bathing in it AFTER she has made soup. Sometimes I trick her into take a shower with me just to wash the nastiness off! Dirty birdies!

julya

Nov 30, 2012
Parrots
Green Cheek Amazon
My Ollie has a kind of sweet, fruity smell to him. It fades right after a shower, but is back before long. I think it smells nice.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
After repeated full baths I noted it didn't go away., and realized I had the internet for good searches on stuff like that. He will always just be my stinky G. :) :green1:

Amazons DO have an odor, depending on their mood it can be barely noticable or quite strong. I, personally, LOVE how they smell. If they would market their scent, I'd be the first to buy it and I'd apply it liberally. :D

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I agree, i love when my zons are giving off that smell. I think it's more like a perfume. Zon Huffer from way back.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
After repeated full baths I noted it didn't go away., and realized I had the internet for good searches on stuff like that. He will always just be my stinky G. :) :green1:

Amazons DO have an odor, depending on their mood it can be barely noticable or quite strong. I, personally, LOVE how they smell. If they would market their scent, I'd be the first to buy it and I'd apply it liberally. :D

I wonder if you'd find a swarm of 'Zon's glued to you after that, lol.

raven2013

Banned
Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Media
Albums
What happened to her tail feathers. Some looks they are missing.
Good luck on the bathing thing. Usually when you spray them a couple of times, they want a bath and take one by themselves. Maybe she just misses her own bath bowl. Some birds want their own things. I remember once I changed spray bottles, and boy was that a mistake. It took me months and months and get Judy interested in bathing again. She always loved a bath with the first spray bottle. She would raise her wings real high so I could spray uinder them and she would even turn around and tip her tail up so I would wash her butt, but after I changed, she would not raise her wings or anythings. That is when I learned just how much she hated a change.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Yep Amazons smell wonderful, Bosley has a sweet smell to him. Sometimes more powerful than others.
He generally likes his showers and that seems to have no relation to when he gives off the odor. I'm with Wendy and Richard, we should bottle it LOL

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Fred smells like a cross between Hyacinths and phlox...I love it!
That smell cannot be bathed away, as I think it's his breath...

Most Reactions

Latest posts