Give Scarlett a ring, I'm sure she will have something to suit. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
It could be worth phoning the places that interest you and at least talking about getting what you want there? Never say never in my book!

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
It could be worth phoning the places that interest you and at least talking about getting what you want there? Never say never in my book!

Thats true...I sort of like the Liberta Flight cage and I can get that delivered without extra costs but I will hold off on ordering yet for a week or so in case I fall for something else that I might like better in the meantime, but I do like some of Scarlets toys and fully intend ringing up to see if it might be possible to get some especially for Mr Biggles as he likes fiddling with things snd dismantling them ...hes more interested in that than he is in chewy blocks of wood and she has a few toys that once he gets over being scared of them might just keep him amused for hours. Also she has a few games...I wonder if there are budgie size games as the only ones Ive seen are for medium and large parrots and I reckon anything a medium or large parrot can do a Budgie can do just as well if not better :)

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Give Scarlett a ring, I'm sure she will have something to suit. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just phoned Scarlet and chatted with her for a while ...a really nice lady who loves her Parrots but sadly although she does export to Ireland for toys and food and such items they do not export cages so she cant help me with that :)

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Northern Parrots, Cagesworld and Zooplus any good?

Thank you Plumsmum. While there are a couple of very nice large cages on the NorthernParrots website that would be suitable for budgies they only have a UK delivery available so no hope of getting them to Ireland but Amazon has this Liberta one which looks quiet nice and its a 9mm bar spacing too which should be plenty small for a Budgie as that works out at about a third of an inch I think (0.354330709 inch to be precise )

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...tDescription_secondary_view_div_1466450577560
I will have to look into the cost of delivery though but I think Amazon deliveries are reasonable usually ... I will hold off ordering for another week or so and see if anything else crops up on Irish soil that will only need national shipping rather thsn overseas shipping...I just missed a liberta Flight cage for sale here in Ireland a few days ago .

Last edited:
OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Zooplus.ie dont have s whole lot of options anf no flight cage

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Also she has a few games...I wonder if there are budgie size games as the only ones Ive seen are for medium and large parrots and I reckon anything a medium or large parrot can do a Budgie can do just as well if not better :)

It is confirmed they can since we saw that budgie circus video! I don't think props on the retail market are very popular for budgies because not as many people will take the time to train them. I know of owners who do, and they come to notice that they are just as smart as their bigger cousins.

My mom has the cutest thing for her Princess of Wales (little bigger than cockatiel size) parakeet. It is actually sized for budgies. It's a plastic clear box that you can put a treat in on either of two sides. Each side has a pull ring where Patches will pull the ring down on the side that has the treat, in order to release the treat.

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Also she has a few games...I wonder if there are budgie size games as the only ones Ive seen are for medium and large parrots and I reckon anything a medium or large parrot can do a Budgie can do just as well if not better :)

It is confirmed they can since we saw that budgie circus video! I don't think props on the retail market are very popular for budgies because not as many people will take the time to train them. I know of owners who do, and they come to notice that they are just as smart as their bigger cousins.

My mom has the cutest thing for her Princess of Wales (little bigger than cockatiel size) parakeet. It is actually sized for budgies. It's a plastic clear box that you can put a treat in on either of two sides. Each side has a pull ring where Patches will pull the ring down on the side that has the treat, in order to release the treat.
I agree they are just as smart... watching Elsa actually makes me wonder if indeed they might even be a little smarter. Elsa is quicker so far to pick up on doing a trick than either Mr Biggles or Peter Pan.
That toy sounds really cool...does it have a name maybe I could look it up and see if its available here...not sure if Elsa will pull anything though as she doesnt seem to be aware that toys are for playing with which puzzles me as she is so tame you would imagine that being a tame budgie someone would have bought her toys...she likes a swing but other than that hasnt bothered with the toys nor does she care for millet so Im puzzled to know what to use as a treat for training...so far she is doing a little training for praise without any treat for she accepts nothing from my hand that I have so far offered her as a treat.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Elsa definitely is a special girl, I can see that for sure. You are doing a great job at coaxing out all her potential too, just you wait! :)

My late Twigs, I just gave him verbal praise as I trained him to go back to his cage and go in with voice commands since he was not tame. I could tell by the way he looked at me, that he was understanding my tone of voice and the way my hand was pointing. Sometimes he'd pretend to go in and put his body halfway in, then when I was almost there to close the door, he'd dart away again and play that for a few minutes! He knew exactly what he was doing too!

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Elsa definitely is a special girl, I can see that for sure. You are doing a great job at coaxing out all her potential too, just you wait! :)

My late Twigs, I just gave him verbal praise as I trained him to go back to his cage and go in with voice commands since he was not tame. I could tell by the way he looked at me, that he was understanding my tone of voice and the way my hand was pointing. Sometimes he'd pretend to go in and put his body halfway in, then when I was almost there to close the door, he'd dart away again and play that for a few minutes! He knew exactly what he was doing too!

Hee hee they are really smart and pick things up really fast but are as stubborn too when they want to be...great characters for sure...Twigs sounds like a little darling and is greatly missed Id say. Im so glad you have chip.
I found a pic of an English Lutino Budgie for you...tell Chip he is way more handsome than him
https://goo.gl/images/m1hc0n

Last edited:

Most Reactions