Should I Switch Their Cages?!

hawaiian05

Feb 20, 2011
I have a 1 1/2 yr old green cheek conure that I've had for about nine months now, and she is currently housed in a 22"x24"x35" Prevue Hendrix cage. She has been in this cage since I've owned her, and she seems to like it (though she doesn't seem to make use of all that space!). She is a pretty sweet and loving bird, never hesitating to step up and get out of her cage.I recently brought home a 1 yr old meyers which I adopted from a friend, and he is housed in a 18"x18"x32" Prevue Hendrix cage (which my friend had just upgraded him into not too long ago). He seems to do just fine in this cage, especially since it's bigger than his last cage.Looking at the physical size of the two species, I am considering swapping their cages, thinking it would make more sense if the meyers (the bigger bird) has the bigger cage. My only concern is that my green cheek may get jealous or mad, given it was her cage at first. Other than size, the cages are identical, even in color. Does anyone have any opinions on this? Should I swap their cages, or just let them be as it already is? Thanks!

brewyn

Oct 28, 2011
uk
Parrots
pr proven greenwing macaws..
pair of senegal parrots on chicks...
pr lutino ringnecks..
pr maroon bellied conures...cockatiels, budgies..lovebirds..quails..pr barn owls...chickens..ducks..turkeys..
I would swap the cages around make's more sence to have the larger bird in the larger cage, just swap any toys you may have in the cages to make the birds feel more at home..

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
that 18x18x32 seems a bit small for a conure, let alone a meyers... perhaps my birds are just spoiled... but I'd consider getting a larger cage for the meyers... leave your gcc in her cage since it's her cage.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I have to agree that cage is kinda small for either one...

Most Reactions