Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I WISH my conures had used their toys...

I remember one particular day when Py was poofed up and rubbing his little face against my cheek (while rubbing something else at the same time.) I had a non-bird person in the house, and she kept commenting about how "affectionate" my little bird was...

(Yeah, you have no idea just HOW affectionate he's being at the moment... ) I didn't tell her what was actually happening.

DEMITRE yeah, the same little stinker that put his beak CLEAN THROUGH my finger. The bird that decided to fly to the "choice" shower perch, and then clung to the tip of it by his beak when it "collapsed" on him...

THAT little bird.

FIRST he regurges for me... AND STUFFS IT INTO THE ONLY AVAILABLE ORIFICE - MY EAR HOLE... EVER TRY TO GET A BEAK FULL OF BIRD PUKE OUT OF YOUR EAR?!

WELL, IF THAT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH, HE THEN PROCEEDS TO "MOUNT" MY EAR, HANGING ON TO IT WITH BOTH HIS BEAK, AND BOTH FEET... WHILE ATTEMPTING TO STUFF "SOMETHING ELSE" INTO MY EAR... and fighting my hand trying to knock his little butt off my ear to the floor.

OH, SURE, SOME OF YOU THINK THAT'S FUNNY... CUZ IT WASN'T YOU... Well, actually, if it wasn't me, I'd probably be rolling too...

But it WAS me!!!

I...I can't even.

I spit out my coffee.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
...HAHAHAHAHA Ask Mark to share his 'shower' story, just make sure your mouth is empty. :D

He already did share it again, in that quoted post!

Ouch!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I...I can't even.

I spit out my coffee.

HAHAHAHAHA Ask Mark to share his 'shower' story, just make sure your mouth is empty. :D

SAME DANG BIRD TOO!!!

Yeah, that was like, hey, I gave you dinner... now give it up. The little stinker bit me several times prying him off my ear, too, he was rather determined...

It was BAD ENOUGH having to clean BIRD PUKE out of my ear!

NOW YOU KNOW WHY I HAD A SPECIAL RECIPE DUSKY CONURE HONEY BBQ GLAZE, AND WAS TEMPTED TO USE IT MORE THAN ONCE...

You can probably also understand why we were the fifth home for this one. He could be quite an EVIL little bird.

He was as smart as these things get, fully cognitive. Conversational talker at times. My best trick bird ever. AND EVIL!!!

Last edited:

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I...I can't even.

I spit out my coffee.

HAHAHAHAHA Ask Mark to share his 'shower' story, just make sure your mouth is empty. :D

SAME DANG BIRD TOO!!!

Yeah, that was like, hey, I gave you dinner... now give it up. The little stinker bit me several times prying him off my ear, too, he was rather determined...

It was BAD ENOUGH having to clean BIRD PUKE out of my ear!

NOW YOU KNOW WHY I HAD A SPECIAL RECIPE DUSKY CONURE HONEY BBQ GLAZE, AND WAS TEMPTED TO USE IT MORE THAN ONCE...

You can probably also understand why we were the fifth home for this one. He could be quite an EVIL little bird.

He was as smart as these things get, fully cognitive. Conversational talker at times. My best trick bird ever. AND EVIL!!!

He's definitely got the crazy eyes!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah. He had very expressive eyes. And he was a very animated, big personality bird... That big personality was always a dual edged sword...

One of the reasons I always liked working with the "evil" birds was that they were generally the smartest of the bunch... which is why they didn't "just give in and cooperate" a lot of the time. You had to reach an "understanding" with these birds, and when you did, your reward was that HUGE IQ.

Unfortunately, this one flew off on me, and tried to make friends with a Great Horned Owl. He ended up being lunch.

Smart bird in captivity. No "street smarts."

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I can't help it, Im a hugger, so is Poppy, she's as cuddly as a St. Bernard. I hold her like a football, I scratch under her wings, I help her with pinnies. I neither discourage or encourage regurgitation. Poppy tries to regurgitate, sometimes at the mere sight of a favorite human or toy, she never brings anything up. She likes to share food, she's very affectionate. I've known her for two years, if she bats her eyelashes at me or gets over amorous, I place her on her stand with a toy until she cools off. When she's overheated from hormones, I approach with caution, otherwise I don't worry about it too much. All parrot-human relationships are different, I think it comes down to how well you know your bird. Wether or not Poppy's confused, I can't say for sure, but for a Too, I think she's reasonably stable.

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
I don't encourage it either. But don't get too worked up about it.

Foo will tend to try and get frisky with my hand and that is too much, she goes to her cage or play gym then. Just icky

Most Reactions